Former Utah State coach Gary Andersen still welcome in old Cache Valley neighborhood
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
Although some Utah natives were hurt by former Utah State coach Gary Andersen's decision to leave, his old Cache Valley neighbors were not among those people.
The neighborhood supported Andersen every fall when football season rolled around. His neighbors would line the street with signs and posters of support.
Although Andersen is now the head football coach for Wisconsin, his old neighbors are still standing by his side.
"I hope he does awesome at Wisconsin," former neighbor Jen Fife said. "You can't blame anyone for being successful, even though we were sad to see him go."
Andersen brought the first winning season in years to Utah State territory during his four-year tenure as Aggies head coach. The Aggies had a record of 7-6 in 2011 and 11-2 in 2012. He helped bring in the right players to make the football team competitive.
However just as Utah State was moving up to the Mountain West Conference and returning a good chunk of starters for the 2013 season, Andersen received an offer from Wisconsin that he couldn't turn down.
Hearts broke across Aggie Nation, but the legacy Andersen built still stands strong in Logan.
And his old neighbors want him to know he is welcome back anytime.
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- The photos from the seats and the sideline...
- Utah football notes: Paul makes quite a splash
- Former BYU tight end Dennis Pitta's season is...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 138
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 89
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 76
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to... 67
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 52
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart... 32
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset,... 29