Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — East High is constructing a larger factory than Willy Wonka, but instead of chocolate bars and everlasting gobstoppers, the Leopards are churning out Division I prospects.
Christian Folau became the fourth East player to commit to a major program, and the first from the Class of 2015, after he announced his intentions to enroll at Stanford University Monday.
Folau joins teammates Korey Rush (Arizona State), Ula Tolutau (Wisconsin) and Joe Tukuafu (Utah) as committed Leopards. East coach Brandon Matich confirmed his decision via his personal Twitter account.
“S/O to my boy Christian Folau for committing to Stanford tonight!” Matich wrote.
As a sophomore, Folau recorded 43 tackles and 3.5 sacks. At the time of commitment he held offers from Utah and Utah State.
East opens up the 2013 season at home against Alta on Aug. 23 at 7 p.m.
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle with Arizona
- Layton steps up big late to secure a 48-46...
- Halford helps key BYU's late-season run,...
- 5A boys state tournament roundup: Layton...
- High school basketball tournaments: Pairings,...
- BYU looking forward to big showdown at No. 3...
- 16 Mormon pop culture moments from 2014-15
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 92
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 84
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70 79
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 63
- Utes bounce back, blast Sun Devils 50
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle... 46
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 30
- Morning links: Examining BYU's at-large... 29