Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — East High is constructing a larger factory than Willy Wonka, but instead of chocolate bars and everlasting gobstoppers, the Leopards are churning out Division I prospects.
Christian Folau became the fourth East player to commit to a major program, and the first from the Class of 2015, after he announced his intentions to enroll at Stanford University Monday.
Folau joins teammates Korey Rush (Arizona State), Ula Tolutau (Wisconsin) and Joe Tukuafu (Utah) as committed Leopards. East coach Brandon Matich confirmed his decision via his personal Twitter account.
“S/O to my boy Christian Folau for committing to Stanford tonight!” Matich wrote.
As a sophomore, Folau recorded 43 tackles and 3.5 sacks. At the time of commitment he held offers from Utah and Utah State.
East opens up the 2013 season at home against Alta on Aug. 23 at 7 p.m.
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart from...
- BYU Cougars happy to have Saturday afternoon...
- No. 21 BYU faces opportunistic, upset-minded...
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with...
- Friday night lights central, week 5: Scores,...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- BYU vs. Virginia primer
- High school football: Felt's Facts for Week...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 107
- BYU center Tejan Koroma's penalty... 78
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 71
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 62
- Dick Harmon: Is BYU quarterback Taysom... 54
- If BYU and Utah played on the gridiron... 50
- No. 21 BYU preparing for a Virginia... 50
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 44