Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — East High is constructing a larger factory than Willy Wonka, but instead of chocolate bars and everlasting gobstoppers, the Leopards are churning out Division I prospects.
Christian Folau became the fourth East player to commit to a major program, and the first from the Class of 2015, after he announced his intentions to enroll at Stanford University Monday.
Folau joins teammates Korey Rush (Arizona State), Ula Tolutau (Wisconsin) and Joe Tukuafu (Utah) as committed Leopards. East coach Brandon Matich confirmed his decision via his personal Twitter account.
“S/O to my boy Christian Folau for committing to Stanford tonight!” Matich wrote.
As a sophomore, Folau recorded 43 tackles and 3.5 sacks. At the time of commitment he held offers from Utah and Utah State.
East opens up the 2013 season at home against Alta on Aug. 23 at 7 p.m.
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Optimism abounds for the Utah Jazz's future
- Utah gymnastics: Red Rocks finish second to...
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- BYU rugby cruises past Central Washington,...
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 33
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 26
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches 17
- 3 Utes, 1 Aggie and 1 Cougar selected... 14