Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — East High is constructing a larger factory than Willy Wonka, but instead of chocolate bars and everlasting gobstoppers, the Leopards are churning out Division I prospects.
Christian Folau became the fourth East player to commit to a major program, and the first from the Class of 2015, after he announced his intentions to enroll at Stanford University Monday.
Folau joins teammates Korey Rush (Arizona State), Ula Tolutau (Wisconsin) and Joe Tukuafu (Utah) as committed Leopards. East coach Brandon Matich confirmed his decision via his personal Twitter account.
“S/O to my boy Christian Folau for committing to Stanford tonight!” Matich wrote.
As a sophomore, Folau recorded 43 tackles and 3.5 sacks. At the time of commitment he held offers from Utah and Utah State.
East opens up the 2013 season at home against Alta on Aug. 23 at 7 p.m.
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Midseason recap and awards for BYU and Utah
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU preparing...
- Utah Jazz give key starters a break in 98-91...
- Booker-ing ram and broken dreams: Midseason...
- Amy Donaldson: Not deciding on a starting...
- Report: Former BYU receiver Cody Hoffman to...
- Utes continue Pac-12 'meat grinder' with...
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 46
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 32
- Peavler: Penalties out of control at BYU 28
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 27
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 25