Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — East High is constructing a larger factory than Willy Wonka, but instead of chocolate bars and everlasting gobstoppers, the Leopards are churning out Division I prospects.
Christian Folau became the fourth East player to commit to a major program, and the first from the Class of 2015, after he announced his intentions to enroll at Stanford University Monday.
Folau joins teammates Korey Rush (Arizona State), Ula Tolutau (Wisconsin) and Joe Tukuafu (Utah) as committed Leopards. East coach Brandon Matich confirmed his decision via his personal Twitter account.
“S/O to my boy Christian Folau for committing to Stanford tonight!” Matich wrote.
As a sophomore, Folau recorded 43 tackles and 3.5 sacks. At the time of commitment he held offers from Utah and Utah State.
East opens up the 2013 season at home against Alta on Aug. 23 at 7 p.m.
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Ute recruit Tyler Huntley posting huge...
- Felt's Facts: Breaking down the Utah high...
- Underrated East Carolina will test BYU's defense
- BYU vs. East Carolina: How to attend, watch,...
- Hawaii trip had benefits for Utah Jazz aside...
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 53
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 46
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 40
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 19