Ravell Call, Deseret News
BIG COTTONWOOD CANYON — An 18-year-old boy had to be rescued from Mary's Lake Monday when he and some hiking companions decided to cool off in the lake.
The teen became distressed and began to slip beneath the water before friends managed to get him to a large rock and bystanders rendered aid. He was taken by medical helicopter to a waiting ambulance, and once he had recovered, the teen was released without being admitted to a hospital.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 39
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 14
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah... 13