Ravell Call, Deseret News
BIG COTTONWOOD CANYON — An 18-year-old boy had to be rescued from Mary's Lake Monday when he and some hiking companions decided to cool off in the lake.
The teen became distressed and began to slip beneath the water before friends managed to get him to a large rock and bystanders rendered aid. He was taken by medical helicopter to a waiting ambulance, and once he had recovered, the teen was released without being admitted to a hospital.
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental shooting...
- Salt Lake City Marathon comes with many...
- Tabernacle Choir performs Handel's 'Messiah'...
- Crowds to flock to Salt Lake City this weekend
- Man admits raping, killing young Ogden girl...
- Western states to feds: Turn over public lands
- Police make arrest in death of 59-year-old...
- Top 10 spring activities for Utah families
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 107
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 89
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 77
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 38
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 27
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed;... 24
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch 23