2 employees, 1 firefighter injured in Salt Lake business fire
SALT LAKE CITY — Two employees of a metal recycling plant along with a Salt Lake City firefighter were injured in a small but smoky fire Monday.
A little after 1 p.m., crews were called to Utah Metal Works, 805 W. Everett Ave. (1455 North), after a small fire broke out in the area where metal is recycled.
The fire was put out quickly, but it created a lot of smoke, said Salt Lake fire spokesman Jasen Asay. Two employees suffered smoke inhalation, one more seriously than the other, he said. Both were taken to local hospitals for treatment, one in serious condition, Asay said.
A Salt Lake City firefighter also had to be transported for possible broken fingers after his hand was injured while tying to get a hose from the fire truck to the fire.
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Duchesne County man pleads guilty to federal...
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 10
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Missionary, police testify against man... 8