CEDAR CITY — The Rendezvous Mineral Material Pit on the Dixie National Forest located just north and west of Navajo Lake will be closed for public health and safety until Sept. 30.
During the closure period, the public will not be allowed in the area because of heavy equipment working in the pit. Material is being mined to assist in Forest Service road improvement operations.
A closure order and map of the closure area are available on the Dixie National Forest website, www.fs.usda.gov/dixie. For more information about this closure, contact the Cedar City Ranger District at 435-865-3700.
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- West Jordan councilwoman accuses mayor of...
- State responds to Planned Parenthood claims
- Ann Romney on likability, Hillary Clinton, MS...
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 69
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- State responds to Planned Parenthood... 32
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 27
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20