CEDAR CITY — The Rendezvous Mineral Material Pit on the Dixie National Forest located just north and west of Navajo Lake will be closed for public health and safety until Sept. 30.
During the closure period, the public will not be allowed in the area because of heavy equipment working in the pit. Material is being mined to assist in Forest Service road improvement operations.
A closure order and map of the closure area are available on the Dixie National Forest website, www.fs.usda.gov/dixie. For more information about this closure, contact the Cedar City Ranger District at 435-865-3700.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre urges...
- Deer attacks man in Draper backyard, police say
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close South...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Ex-social worker to plead guilty to sex with...
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 56
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 37
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 26
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 21
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14