CEDAR CITY — The Rendezvous Mineral Material Pit on the Dixie National Forest located just north and west of Navajo Lake will be closed for public health and safety until Sept. 30.
During the closure period, the public will not be allowed in the area because of heavy equipment working in the pit. Material is being mined to assist in Forest Service road improvement operations.
A closure order and map of the closure area are available on the Dixie National Forest website, www.fs.usda.gov/dixie. For more information about this closure, contact the Cedar City Ranger District at 435-865-3700.
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental shooting...
- Salt Lake City Marathon comes with many...
- Tabernacle Choir performs Handel's 'Messiah'...
- Crowds to flock to Salt Lake City this weekend
- Man admits raping, killing young Ogden girl...
- Western states to feds: Turn over public lands
- Police make arrest in death of 59-year-old...
- Top 10 spring activities for Utah families
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 107
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 89
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 77
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 38
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 27
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed;... 24
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch 23