CEDAR CITY — The Rendezvous Mineral Material Pit on the Dixie National Forest located just north and west of Navajo Lake will be closed for public health and safety until Sept. 30.
During the closure period, the public will not be allowed in the area because of heavy equipment working in the pit. Material is being mined to assist in Forest Service road improvement operations.
A closure order and map of the closure area are available on the Dixie National Forest website, www.fs.usda.gov/dixie. For more information about this closure, contact the Cedar City Ranger District at 435-865-3700.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Roy home destroyed in fire
- Man shot by roommate in Holladay, police say
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 12
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8
- Brother, sister hugged each other as... 8
- Prosecutors say Jeremy Johnson should... 7
- Audit of embattled S.L. County... 7