CEDAR CITY — The Rendezvous Mineral Material Pit on the Dixie National Forest located just north and west of Navajo Lake will be closed for public health and safety until Sept. 30.
During the closure period, the public will not be allowed in the area because of heavy equipment working in the pit. Material is being mined to assist in Forest Service road improvement operations.
A closure order and map of the closure area are available on the Dixie National Forest website, www.fs.usda.gov/dixie. For more information about this closure, contact the Cedar City Ranger District at 435-865-3700.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Weber County deputies investigating possible...
- Festival celebrates cultural traditions
- Police suspect arson in house fire that...
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue atop...
- Man rams truck into police station, assaults...
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 34
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 30
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 20
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 13
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12