Golfer gives up $1 million tournament to witness daughter's birth
Nathan Denette, Associated Press
PGA golfer Hunter Mahan chose family over golf this weekend, even though it may have cost him more than $1 million.
For Mahan, it was worth it to witness the birth of his daughter.
CNN.com reported that Mahan was halfway to his sixth career PGA Tour tournament victory when he decided to fly home for the delivery. In the process, he gave up the $1.008 million first prize.
"What a whirlwind of a day," Mahan tweeted Sunday morning, "but I'm happy to announce the birth of my daughter Zoe Olivia Mahan born at 3:26 am. Thanks for all the support!"
"Both Baby and Mom are doing great. Thanks to all my sponsors who appreciate what's important in life and all my fans for being Awesome!" he added in a second tweet.
For the rest of this story, visit CNN.com.
Email: email@example.com Twitter: tbtoone
- 31 things you might not know about the Harry...
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical is an...
- Dear daughter, when did I last wash your hair?
- The Clean Cut: Musician's movie theater...
- Motherhood Matters: 4 ways to help your...
- Mormon thrill ride creator still generating...
- Beating the odds: Trip to the White House...
- Wright Words: Younger sister is living...
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical is an... 107
- Wright Words: Younger sister is living... 3
- Beating the odds: Trip to the White... 3
- Erin Stewart: Put down the phone and drive 2
- Dear daughter, when did I last wash... 2
- UTubers: Jenny Oaks Baker and family... 2
- Imagine Dragons treated like home team... 2
- Mormon thrill ride creator still... 2