Golfer gives up $1 million tournament to witness daughter's birth
Nathan Denette, Associated Press
PGA golfer Hunter Mahan chose family over golf this weekend, even though it may have cost him more than $1 million.
For Mahan, it was worth it to witness the birth of his daughter.
CNN.com reported that Mahan was halfway to his sixth career PGA Tour tournament victory when he decided to fly home for the delivery. In the process, he gave up the $1.008 million first prize.
"What a whirlwind of a day," Mahan tweeted Sunday morning, "but I'm happy to announce the birth of my daughter Zoe Olivia Mahan born at 3:26 am. Thanks for all the support!"
"Both Baby and Mom are doing great. Thanks to all my sponsors who appreciate what's important in life and all my fans for being Awesome!" he added in a second tweet.
For the rest of this story, visit CNN.com.
Email: email@example.com Twitter: tbtoone
- Summer movie preview: A look at 21 films and...
- ValueSpeak: How did my toddler grandson...
- 20 years later, 'blessed' Herring believes he...
- 'Avengers' sequel is second biggest US opener...
- Steve Eaton: eBay exile is small price to pay...
- 18 of the best made-up words from children's...
- 5-year-old rings bell, celebrates end of...
- Here's my favorite 'Age of Ultron' plot twist
- 20 years later, 'blessed' Herring... 53
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: A different view... 7
- From the makeup aisle: Advice from a... 5
- ValueSpeak: How did my toddler grandson... 4
- The case for renewing the War on Poverty 2
- The little-known benefit to cleaning... 2
- Steve Eaton: eBay exile is small price... 2
- 'Avengers' sequel is second biggest US... 1