Golfer gives up $1 million tournament to witness daughter's birth
Nathan Denette, Associated Press
PGA golfer Hunter Mahan chose family over golf this weekend, even though it may have cost him more than $1 million.
For Mahan, it was worth it to witness the birth of his daughter.
CNN.com reported that Mahan was halfway to his sixth career PGA Tour tournament victory when he decided to fly home for the delivery. In the process, he gave up the $1.008 million first prize.
"What a whirlwind of a day," Mahan tweeted Sunday morning, "but I'm happy to announce the birth of my daughter Zoe Olivia Mahan born at 3:26 am. Thanks for all the support!"
"Both Baby and Mom are doing great. Thanks to all my sponsors who appreciate what's important in life and all my fans for being Awesome!" he added in a second tweet.
For the rest of this story, visit CNN.com.
Email: email@example.com Twitter: tbtoone
- Amy Donaldson: James Lawrence had to do...
- Family man: Former Ute, NFL standout Sione...
- Neon Trees represent BYU, Fight the New Drug...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: What defenders of...
- Steve Eaton: Sundance the Talking Dog is gone
- Sherry Young: Steve Young and Jimmer Fredette...
- We're doing youth soccer wrong: Tournaments...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Surrendering control...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: What defenders of... 93
- Family man: Former Ute, NFL standout... 10
- Amy Donaldson: James Lawrence had to do... 6
- We're doing youth soccer wrong:... 6
- Steve Eaton: Sundance the Talking Dog... 4
- Sherry Young: Steve Young and Jimmer... 3
- Thousands line up to enjoy Handcart... 2
- FamilySearch celebrates the pioneer in... 1