Golfer gives up $1 million tournament to witness daughter's birth
Nathan Denette, Associated Press
PGA golfer Hunter Mahan chose family over golf this weekend, even though it may have cost him more than $1 million.
For Mahan, it was worth it to witness the birth of his daughter.
CNN.com reported that Mahan was halfway to his sixth career PGA Tour tournament victory when he decided to fly home for the delivery. In the process, he gave up the $1.008 million first prize.
"What a whirlwind of a day," Mahan tweeted Sunday morning, "but I'm happy to announce the birth of my daughter Zoe Olivia Mahan born at 3:26 am. Thanks for all the support!"
"Both Baby and Mom are doing great. Thanks to all my sponsors who appreciate what's important in life and all my fans for being Awesome!" he added in a second tweet.
For the rest of this story, visit CNN.com.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: tbtoone
- 11 guaranteed steps to cut family spending
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- 30 questions to ask your kid instead of 'How...
- Here’s a look at Disney’s newest...
- Sherry Young: Dreams of these three people...
- Teach your children to be coachable
- The Clean Cut: Peewee football players dance...
- UTubers: Lindsey Stirling and Lexi Walker...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: To the mom who... 7
- Pope asserts marriage is forever at... 5
- Chris Hicks: Modern comedies... 4
- Here’s a look at Disney’s... 4
- 5 amazing true stories of fate bringing... 3
- My view: Teenagers need environments... 3
- Sherry Young: Dreams of these three... 2
- The Clean Cut: Bindi Irwin, Crocodile... 1