Golfer gives up $1 million tournament to witness daughter's birth
Nathan Denette, Associated Press
PGA golfer Hunter Mahan chose family over golf this weekend, even though it may have cost him more than $1 million.
For Mahan, it was worth it to witness the birth of his daughter.
CNN.com reported that Mahan was halfway to his sixth career PGA Tour tournament victory when he decided to fly home for the delivery. In the process, he gave up the $1.008 million first prize.
"What a whirlwind of a day," Mahan tweeted Sunday morning, "but I'm happy to announce the birth of my daughter Zoe Olivia Mahan born at 3:26 am. Thanks for all the support!"
"Both Baby and Mom are doing great. Thanks to all my sponsors who appreciate what's important in life and all my fans for being Awesome!" he added in a second tweet.
For the rest of this story, visit CNN.com.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: tbtoone
- The Piano Guys perform 'Silent Night' at New...
- BYU Vocal Point, One Voice Children's Choir...
- Zuckerberg and wife announce they are giving...
- 29 of the best Christmas movie quotes
- Charities, volunteers unite to allow...
- More young women are living at home now than...
- Can you put a price on parent-child quality...
- These touching Christmas ads will melt any...
- These touching Christmas ads will melt... 3
- More young women are living at home now... 2
- 29 of the best Christmas movie quotes 1
- Zuckerberg and wife announce they are... 1
- Prehistoric lessons: What children can... 1
- Surprising success: 'A Charlie Brown... 1
- Seasonal stagings: Area theaters host... 1
- Michelle Singletary: Plan for money and... 1