Tom Smart, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah has the fastest average Internet connection speed in the West, according to the “First Quarter, 2013 State of the Internet” report, released recently by Akamai Technologies.
Utah ranked No. 5 overall but was the only Western state in the top 10. The Beehive State also was the only one in the West in the top 10 for average peak connection speed.
The report highlighted global average peak connection speeds, which increased 9.2 percent to 18.4 megabits per second. Utah is at an average peak of 41.9 Mbps.
Each quarter, Akamai publishes a “State of the Internet” report. The report includes data gathered from across the Akamai Intelligent Platform about attack traffic, broadband adoption, mobile connectivity and other relevant topics concerning the Internet and its usage, as well as trends seen in this data over time.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 42
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 36
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 26