Tom Smart, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah has the fastest average Internet connection speed in the West, according to the “First Quarter, 2013 State of the Internet” report, released recently by Akamai Technologies.
Utah ranked No. 5 overall but was the only Western state in the top 10. The Beehive State also was the only one in the West in the top 10 for average peak connection speed.
The report highlighted global average peak connection speeds, which increased 9.2 percent to 18.4 megabits per second. Utah is at an average peak of 41.9 Mbps.
Each quarter, Akamai publishes a “State of the Internet” report. The report includes data gathered from across the Akamai Intelligent Platform about attack traffic, broadband adoption, mobile connectivity and other relevant topics concerning the Internet and its usage, as well as trends seen in this data over time.
- Smithfield teen makes Valentine's Day special...
- Scalia's death leaves major void in high...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- France bestows highest honor on Utah veteran
- Giant Kennecott dump trucks are sporting an...
- Logan man killed in Idaho car crash
- 3 seriously injured in multi-vehicle crash on...
- Inversion tightens grip on Wasatch Front
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 39
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 36
- Scalia's death leaves major void in... 24
- IRS raids properties with possible... 21
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San... 12
- Summit County wants rewrite of Bishop's... 11