Tom Smart, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah has the fastest average Internet connection speed in the West, according to the “First Quarter, 2013 State of the Internet” report, released recently by Akamai Technologies.
Utah ranked No. 5 overall but was the only Western state in the top 10. The Beehive State also was the only one in the West in the top 10 for average peak connection speed.
The report highlighted global average peak connection speeds, which increased 9.2 percent to 18.4 megabits per second. Utah is at an average peak of 41.9 Mbps.
Each quarter, Akamai publishes a “State of the Internet” report. The report includes data gathered from across the Akamai Intelligent Platform about attack traffic, broadband adoption, mobile connectivity and other relevant topics concerning the Internet and its usage, as well as trends seen in this data over time.
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage license...
- Utah bachelor lets sister set him up on 31...
- Mia Love paying back money spent on...
- FBI investigating fatal crash on Ute reservation
- $1M in heroin found in 'complex' hidden...
- SAGE scores, 2015: Top Utah schools in...
- BYU student health plan exemption expires
- Mom whose unbuckled child died was cited for...
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage... 83
- BYU student health plan exemption expires 54
- Popular Provo teacher imprisoned for... 47
- Mia Love paying back money spent on... 44
- Family of man killed by Spanish Fork... 34
- Does coal have a future in Utah? Should... 27
- Students see 'great growth' in second... 18
- About Utah: He walked around the lake... 15