Tom Smart, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah has the fastest average Internet connection speed in the West, according to the “First Quarter, 2013 State of the Internet” report, released recently by Akamai Technologies.
Utah ranked No. 5 overall but was the only Western state in the top 10. The Beehive State also was the only one in the West in the top 10 for average peak connection speed.
The report highlighted global average peak connection speeds, which increased 9.2 percent to 18.4 megabits per second. Utah is at an average peak of 41.9 Mbps.
Each quarter, Akamai publishes a “State of the Internet” report. The report includes data gathered from across the Akamai Intelligent Platform about attack traffic, broadband adoption, mobile connectivity and other relevant topics concerning the Internet and its usage, as well as trends seen in this data over time.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate hold monument meeting...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Man wanted for questioning in Tooele fire...
- Venezuela presents details in weapons case...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 27
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 14
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10
- Appellate court upholds water rights... 8