Tom Smart, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah has the fastest average Internet connection speed in the West, according to the “First Quarter, 2013 State of the Internet” report, released recently by Akamai Technologies.
Utah ranked No. 5 overall but was the only Western state in the top 10. The Beehive State also was the only one in the West in the top 10 for average peak connection speed.
The report highlighted global average peak connection speeds, which increased 9.2 percent to 18.4 megabits per second. Utah is at an average peak of 41.9 Mbps.
Each quarter, Akamai publishes a “State of the Internet” report. The report includes data gathered from across the Akamai Intelligent Platform about attack traffic, broadband adoption, mobile connectivity and other relevant topics concerning the Internet and its usage, as well as trends seen in this data over time.
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- About Utah: Baltic Avenue just bought Boardwalk!
- Body of overdue hiker found in Zion National...
- Tourists rescued after road collapses,...
- Heavy rains flood homes, cemetery in Herriman
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 77
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Mia Love declines to make joint... 50
- Join the discussion: How libertarian is... 36
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 34
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning... 18
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 17