Meth, bath salts, found near elementary school, daycare
SALT LAKE CITY — A man already on probation for a drug conviction earlier this year was arrested late last week after several types of drugs were found at his residence.
Michael Todd Riddle, 55, was arrested for investigation of numerous felony and misdemeanor drug-related charges after Adult Probation and Parole agents found methamphetamine, bath salts, marijuana and drug paraphernalia in his residence, near 3850 South 1100 East - which was also within 1,000 feet of an elementary school and within 29 feet of a daycare, according to a Salt Lake County Jail report.
Riddle took a plea in abeyance in March in 6th District Court in Kanab, pleading guilty to drug possession, a third-degree felony. In that case, law enforcers found meth and Oxycodone in a secret compartment in Riddle's vehicle, according to charging documents.
On Thursday, AP&P agents in Kanab contacted their Salt Lake office and asked them to conduct a urinalysis test on Riddle. After showing up for his appointment six hours late, he tested positive for meth, cocaine, marijuana and opiates, according to the jail report.
Agents then went to Riddle's house where the drugs, alcohol and a handgun were found, according to the jail report. Initially he told officers he couldn't find his keys to get in his residence, the report stated. But after searching for 20 minutes, a parole agent found the keys in Riddle's pocket.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: DNewsCrimeTeam
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer for...
- Police: ICU evacuated after man barricades...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 94
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 28
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8
- Brother, sister hugged each other as... 8
- Prosecutors say Jeremy Johnson should... 7