Meth, bath salts, found near elementary school, daycare
SALT LAKE CITY — A man already on probation for a drug conviction earlier this year was arrested late last week after several types of drugs were found at his residence.
Michael Todd Riddle, 55, was arrested for investigation of numerous felony and misdemeanor drug-related charges after Adult Probation and Parole agents found methamphetamine, bath salts, marijuana and drug paraphernalia in his residence, near 3850 South 1100 East - which was also within 1,000 feet of an elementary school and within 29 feet of a daycare, according to a Salt Lake County Jail report.
Riddle took a plea in abeyance in March in 6th District Court in Kanab, pleading guilty to drug possession, a third-degree felony. In that case, law enforcers found meth and Oxycodone in a secret compartment in Riddle's vehicle, according to charging documents.
On Thursday, AP&P agents in Kanab contacted their Salt Lake office and asked them to conduct a urinalysis test on Riddle. After showing up for his appointment six hours late, he tested positive for meth, cocaine, marijuana and opiates, according to the jail report.
Agents then went to Riddle's house where the drugs, alcohol and a handgun were found, according to the jail report. Initially he told officers he couldn't find his keys to get in his residence, the report stated. But after searching for 20 minutes, a parole agent found the keys in Riddle's pocket.
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: DNewsCrimeTeam
- Carbon County deputy saves father, son from...
- Dispatchers answer man's repeated 911 calls...
- Sugar House man intends to sue police, city...
- Fire rips through Orem structure under...
- Grading Utah schools, 2014: Top 20 highest...
- Woman killed in Sandy shooting
- Police: Vernal woman arrested with car full...
- Regulators, groups eye EPA rule on coal ash
- Majority of Utahns oppose moving state... 51
- Prison relocation sites down to four as... 50
- Obama signature all that's left in... 39
- End gun violence, say faith leaders on... 33
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 33
- Popular Utah County water recreation... 21
- Audit: Utah still relies heavily on... 16
- Utahns favor Count My Vote and SB54,... 15