Meth, bath salts, found near elementary school, daycare
SALT LAKE CITY — A man already on probation for a drug conviction earlier this year was arrested late last week after several types of drugs were found at his residence.
Michael Todd Riddle, 55, was arrested for investigation of numerous felony and misdemeanor drug-related charges after Adult Probation and Parole agents found methamphetamine, bath salts, marijuana and drug paraphernalia in his residence, near 3850 South 1100 East - which was also within 1,000 feet of an elementary school and within 29 feet of a daycare, according to a Salt Lake County Jail report.
Riddle took a plea in abeyance in March in 6th District Court in Kanab, pleading guilty to drug possession, a third-degree felony. In that case, law enforcers found meth and Oxycodone in a secret compartment in Riddle's vehicle, according to charging documents.
On Thursday, AP&P agents in Kanab contacted their Salt Lake office and asked them to conduct a urinalysis test on Riddle. After showing up for his appointment six hours late, he tested positive for meth, cocaine, marijuana and opiates, according to the jail report.
Agents then went to Riddle's house where the drugs, alcohol and a handgun were found, according to the jail report. Initially he told officers he couldn't find his keys to get in his residence, the report stated. But after searching for 20 minutes, a parole agent found the keys in Riddle's pocket.
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: DNewsCrimeTeam
- Celebrate summer fun with a photographic look...
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- Southern Utah infant dies after being left in...
- Review board clears Salt Lake police officer...
- Proposal: Real Salt Lake would pay for minor...
- Police say son beat 70-year-old father to death
- Utah mother of 8 in running for...
- Uintah County man accused of assaulting...
- 67 unaccompanied children who crossed... 78
- Republican, Democratic political... 49
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort 44
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding'... 33
- Pro-Palestinian crowd rallies in Salt... 33
- Review board clears Salt Lake police... 30
- Lawsuit claims State School Board... 29
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 26