Meth, bath salts, found near elementary school, daycare
SALT LAKE CITY — A man already on probation for a drug conviction earlier this year was arrested late last week after several types of drugs were found at his residence.
Michael Todd Riddle, 55, was arrested for investigation of numerous felony and misdemeanor drug-related charges after Adult Probation and Parole agents found methamphetamine, bath salts, marijuana and drug paraphernalia in his residence, near 3850 South 1100 East - which was also within 1,000 feet of an elementary school and within 29 feet of a daycare, according to a Salt Lake County Jail report.
Riddle took a plea in abeyance in March in 6th District Court in Kanab, pleading guilty to drug possession, a third-degree felony. In that case, law enforcers found meth and Oxycodone in a secret compartment in Riddle's vehicle, according to charging documents.
On Thursday, AP&P agents in Kanab contacted their Salt Lake office and asked them to conduct a urinalysis test on Riddle. After showing up for his appointment six hours late, he tested positive for meth, cocaine, marijuana and opiates, according to the jail report.
Agents then went to Riddle's house where the drugs, alcohol and a handgun were found, according to the jail report. Initially he told officers he couldn't find his keys to get in his residence, the report stated. But after searching for 20 minutes, a parole agent found the keys in Riddle's pocket.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: DNewsCrimeTeam
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile offenders...
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Police ID man who barricaded himself in motor...
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Teen in critical condition after slamming...
- Charges: Orem mom left 2 small kids alone...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 54
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 30
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Are you willing to take a pledge to... 20
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15