Meth, bath salts, found near elementary school, daycare
SALT LAKE CITY — A man already on probation for a drug conviction earlier this year was arrested late last week after several types of drugs were found at his residence.
Michael Todd Riddle, 55, was arrested for investigation of numerous felony and misdemeanor drug-related charges after Adult Probation and Parole agents found methamphetamine, bath salts, marijuana and drug paraphernalia in his residence, near 3850 South 1100 East - which was also within 1,000 feet of an elementary school and within 29 feet of a daycare, according to a Salt Lake County Jail report.
Riddle took a plea in abeyance in March in 6th District Court in Kanab, pleading guilty to drug possession, a third-degree felony. In that case, law enforcers found meth and Oxycodone in a secret compartment in Riddle's vehicle, according to charging documents.
On Thursday, AP&P agents in Kanab contacted their Salt Lake office and asked them to conduct a urinalysis test on Riddle. After showing up for his appointment six hours late, he tested positive for meth, cocaine, marijuana and opiates, according to the jail report.
Agents then went to Riddle's house where the drugs, alcohol and a handgun were found, according to the jail report. Initially he told officers he couldn't find his keys to get in his residence, the report stated. But after searching for 20 minutes, a parole agent found the keys in Riddle's pocket.
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: DNewsCrimeTeam
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah...
- Too many boaters not stopping for quagga...
- Jordan board calls for special bond election...
- Family of slain man who killed police K9...
- Crash launches engine 100 feet, but seat belt...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 15