TAYLORSVILLE — A 39-year-old man was in critical condition after he was stabbed during a fight outside his residence at 4384 S. Jarrah Street about 5:30 a.m. Saturday.
Lt. Justin Hoyal of the Unified Police Department said a 17-year-old boy has been booked into detention in connection with the stabbing. He faces possible charges of aggravated assault, assault, rioting, and consumption of alcohol by a minor.
Police said the victim had hosted a party at his home. As four guests were leaving the party, the victim confronted them for "an unknown reason," Hoyal said.
"When the victim confronted the suspects, a physical altercation took place. During the fight the victim was stabbed. There were also suspects who were struck with an unknown blunt object," a police press release said.
Two of the four suspects, the youth booked on aggravated assault charges and an 18-year-old male, Dillon Sanchez, also were transported to local hospitals for treatment of minor injuries resulting from being struck with the blunt object.
Sanchez was booked into jail for rioting and consumption of alcohol by a minor. Another minor faces charges for tampering with evidence.
The investigation is ongoing, police said. Alcohol appears to be a factor in the incident. Detectives recovered the knife used to stab the victim, Hoyal said.
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- Utah man building Disneyland out of Legos...
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah town...
- Fight Like Girls group helps women battle...
- Millcreek mayor hopeful diagnosed with...
- Photos: Utah Arts Festival celebrates 40th...
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 64
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 36
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 16