TAYLORSVILLE — A 39-year-old man was in critical condition after he was stabbed during a fight outside his residence at 4384 S. Jarrah Street about 5:30 a.m. Saturday.
Lt. Justin Hoyal of the Unified Police Department said a 17-year-old boy has been booked into detention in connection with the stabbing. He faces possible charges of aggravated assault, assault, rioting, and consumption of alcohol by a minor.
Police said the victim had hosted a party at his home. As four guests were leaving the party, the victim confronted them for "an unknown reason," Hoyal said.
"When the victim confronted the suspects, a physical altercation took place. During the fight the victim was stabbed. There were also suspects who were struck with an unknown blunt object," a police press release said.
Two of the four suspects, the youth booked on aggravated assault charges and an 18-year-old male, Dillon Sanchez, also were transported to local hospitals for treatment of minor injuries resulting from being struck with the blunt object.
Sanchez was booked into jail for rioting and consumption of alcohol by a minor. Another minor faces charges for tampering with evidence.
The investigation is ongoing, police said. Alcohol appears to be a factor in the incident. Detectives recovered the knife used to stab the victim, Hoyal said.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Police suspect arson in house fire that...
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue atop...
- Horse owners urged to have animals vaccinated
- Judiciary panel OK’s ex-Centerville...
- Bank bomb scare prompts evacuation of...
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 35
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 35
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 31
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 20
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 18
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 15