TAYLORSVILLE — A 39-year-old man was in critical condition after he was stabbed during a fight outside his residence at 4384 S. Jarrah Street about 5:30 a.m. Saturday.
Lt. Justin Hoyal of the Unified Police Department said a 17-year-old boy has been booked into detention in connection with the stabbing. He faces possible charges of aggravated assault, assault, rioting, and consumption of alcohol by a minor.
Police said the victim had hosted a party at his home. As four guests were leaving the party, the victim confronted them for "an unknown reason," Hoyal said.
"When the victim confronted the suspects, a physical altercation took place. During the fight the victim was stabbed. There were also suspects who were struck with an unknown blunt object," a police press release said.
Two of the four suspects, the youth booked on aggravated assault charges and an 18-year-old male, Dillon Sanchez, also were transported to local hospitals for treatment of minor injuries resulting from being struck with the blunt object.
Sanchez was booked into jail for rioting and consumption of alcohol by a minor. Another minor faces charges for tampering with evidence.
The investigation is ongoing, police said. Alcohol appears to be a factor in the incident. Detectives recovered the knife used to stab the victim, Hoyal said.
- 14 things you didn't know about dreams
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks judge not...
- Teen injured in Memorial Day crash dies
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- Vernal man accused of beating puppy with a bat
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away drought
- We're not in Utah anymore — photos of...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 42
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 40
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 25
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away... 24
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 24
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 17
- Salt Lake City leaders announce... 15