TAYLORSVILLE — A 39-year-old man was in critical condition after he was stabbed during a fight outside his residence at 4384 S. Jarrah Street about 5:30 a.m. Saturday.
Lt. Justin Hoyal of the Unified Police Department said a 17-year-old boy has been booked into detention in connection with the stabbing. He faces possible charges of aggravated assault, assault, rioting, and consumption of alcohol by a minor.
Police said the victim had hosted a party at his home. As four guests were leaving the party, the victim confronted them for "an unknown reason," Hoyal said.
"When the victim confronted the suspects, a physical altercation took place. During the fight the victim was stabbed. There were also suspects who were struck with an unknown blunt object," a police press release said.
Two of the four suspects, the youth booked on aggravated assault charges and an 18-year-old male, Dillon Sanchez, also were transported to local hospitals for treatment of minor injuries resulting from being struck with the blunt object.
Sanchez was booked into jail for rioting and consumption of alcohol by a minor. Another minor faces charges for tampering with evidence.
The investigation is ongoing, police said. Alcohol appears to be a factor in the incident. Detectives recovered the knife used to stab the victim, Hoyal said.
- Women innovators leading by example
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- 2 deadly Utah County shootings spark...
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- Testimony focuses on relationship between...
- Hiker pulled from Bell Canyon after fall
- Pleasant Grove homeowner shoot, kills man in...
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 38
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 16
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 14
- Jury convicts San Juan County... 13
- 2 deadly Utah County shootings spark... 11
- Attorney: Woman on trial in deputy's... 10
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake... 10