TAYLORSVILLE — A 39-year-old man was in critical condition after he was stabbed during a fight outside his residence at 4384 S. Jarrah Street about 5:30 a.m. Saturday.
Lt. Justin Hoyal of the Unified Police Department said a 17-year-old boy has been booked into detention in connection with the stabbing. He faces possible charges of aggravated assault, assault, rioting, and consumption of alcohol by a minor.
Police said the victim had hosted a party at his home. As four guests were leaving the party, the victim confronted them for "an unknown reason," Hoyal said.
"When the victim confronted the suspects, a physical altercation took place. During the fight the victim was stabbed. There were also suspects who were struck with an unknown blunt object," a police press release said.
Two of the four suspects, the youth booked on aggravated assault charges and an 18-year-old male, Dillon Sanchez, also were transported to local hospitals for treatment of minor injuries resulting from being struck with the blunt object.
Sanchez was booked into jail for rioting and consumption of alcohol by a minor. Another minor faces charges for tampering with evidence.
The investigation is ongoing, police said. Alcohol appears to be a factor in the incident. Detectives recovered the knife used to stab the victim, Hoyal said.
- Precedents — and exceptions — to...
- Vernal man charged after 2 bizarre burglaries...
- Layton man attempts to duct tape, rape woman,...
- Family mourns death of father in freak TRAX...
- LDS Church leaders continue to emphasize...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- Chaffetz calls speaker bid a long shot, may...
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 54
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 37
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 30
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- State says it will fund Planned... 14
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters... 13
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 13
- Precedents — and exceptions... 12