Police arrest man accused of following driver home in road rage incident
HERRIMAN — Police have arrested the man they say got into a fist fight with another driver, then went to his home and broke out a window.
Unified Police arrested James Anderson, 26, at his place of employment in West Valley Friday and booked him into Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of aggravated assault, threats against life and property, criminal mischief and disorderly conduct.
Police said a male driver was west bound on 13400 South about 4 p.m. on July 18 when a motorcyclist pulled alongside him and made an obscene gesture, which the driver returned, Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal reported. Police say Anderson began following the driver, who pulled over out of concern that would follow him home.
A physical altercation ensued, Hoyal said.
About an hour later, Anderson arrived at the man's home in a Ford F-250. He threatened him with a metal pipe and broke out a window on the house, Hoyal said. Family members inside the home called 911, and the man took out a handgun, ordering Anderson to leave, police said.
Unified Police recognized the truck and stopped Anderson a few days after the incident, identified him, and followed up other tips to establish probable cause in order to arrest Anderson Friday, Hoyal said.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Screaming, shouting and Utah's in the middle...
- Utah crafting rules for spending on water,...
- Utah city condemns Confederate flag display...
- Fire destroys Taylorsville home, damages another
- Another first: Utah caretaker contracts Zika...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Screaming, shouting and Utah's in the... 64
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 22
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16