Utah Blaze are looking to close the season out with a bang
Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Blaze are back in action at EnergySolutions Arena and will look to cap what evolved into a frustrating and chaotic season with a win over the Cleveland Gladiators.
In the previous meeting in the sixth week of the season, the Blaze (6-11) topped Cleveland (4-13) on the road, 57-40. Kickoff is scheduled for 7 p.m. Saturday.
The Gladiators are led by quarterback Chris Dieker, who stepped into the starting role midseason. In 12 games he’s thrown for 2,277 yards, 41 touchdowns and only nine interceptions while adding 16 scores with his feet.
Cleveland has the worst defense in the AFL statistically, and is currently allowing 58.8 points per game.
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- NHL coming to Las Vegas; New team to start...
- Massive crowd engulfs Cleveland, champion...
- Chile beats Colombia 2-0 to return to Copa...
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 77
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 29
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 27
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 14