Ute, BYU football: Utah-BYU games not 'grandfathered' into Pac-12 schedule ... yet
“It’s been good. Travel wears on you a little bit, but I think overall it’s well worth your time,” Whittingham said. “It’s good for the conference. It’s good for our program. It’s good for the university. So it’s a good thing.”
TOGETHER AGAIN: Utah tight end Jake Murphy and defensive end Trevor Reilly joined two players from each Pac-12 team for dinner at a steakhouse Thursday night. For Murphy, it was a reunion of sorts with American Fork neighbor Xavier Su’a-Filo. He’s been buddies with UCLA’s 6-foot-3, 304-pound All-American offensive lineman since about eight grade.
“It was good to see him again and meet the other players,” Murphy said. “We just kind of hung out and talked. It was fun.”
Other players attending media day included: wide receiver Terrence Miller (Arizona), linebacker Jake Fischer (Arizona), quarterback Trevor Kelly (Arizona State), defensive tackle Will Sutton (Arizona State), wide receiver Bryce Treggs (California), linebacker Nick Forbes (California), wide receiver Paul Richardson (Colorado), defensive end Chidera Uzo-Diribe (Colorado), quarterback Marcus Mariota (Oregon), cornerback Ifo Ekpre-Olomu (Oregon), wide receiver Brandin Cooks (Oregon State), defensive back Rashaad Reynolds (Oregon State), offensive lineman David Yankey (Stanford), linebacker Shayne Skov (Stanford), linebacker Anthony Barr (UCLA), wide receiver Marqise Lee (USC), linebacker Hayes Pullard (USC), quarterback Keith Price (Washington), defensive back Sean Parker (Washington), offensive lineman Elliott Bosch (Washington State) and defensive back Deone Bucannon (Washington State).
OTHER OPTIONS: When asked about getting the Pac-12 Networks on DirecTV, Scott pulled out a list of 50 sports channels (big, small, national, regional) that are currently carried by the provider. Adding the Pac-12’s programming, however, doesn’t appear to be imminent.
“We feel bad that our fans are in this position,” said Scott, who noted that the carrier has drawn a line in the sand for whatever reason and has stopped investing in sports.
“We’re getting rope-a-doped by DirecTV,” said Scott, who wants to give fans as much notice as possible to explore options as the football season approaches.
The Pac-12 has introduced an assistance program on its official website (Pac-12.org) to help fans make the switch.
- Will BYU cornerback Jordan Johnson play vs....
- Enemy camp: What UConn media thinks about...
- Ranking the best season by a quarterback in...
- Dick Harmon: It's Taysom Hill time on the...
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks off...
- Felt's Facts Week 2: Utah high school...
- The good, the bad and the most likely:...
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- College football predictions: How will... 137
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 62
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 48
- Utah football: Utes eye successful start 42
- Enemy camp: What UConn media thinks... 41
- True freshman Brad Kaaya beats out... 36