MURRAY— Residents of Murray have a chance to meet and ask questions of the candidates running for mayor and two City Council seats in this year’s municipal elections.
The Murray City Chamber of Commerce will hold a Meet the Candidates Night on Monday, July 29. The event will be from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Doty Education Center at the Intermountain Medical Center, 5121 S. Cottonwood Street.
For mayor, six people are looking to take over after Murray Mayor Dan Snarr steps down after four terms in office. The candidates are: Jim Brass, Ted Eyre, Tarrell McKay Hughes, Darren Stam, Bucky Swaney and David Wilde.
In the Council District 2 race, the candidate are: D. Blair Camp and Wade Marshall Miller.
Robert Orrigoni and Diane Turner are running in the Council District 4 race.
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Photo gallery: Deseret News Classic 5K
- Ogden man dies following U.S. 89 motorcycle...
- First-timers and veterans among thousands to...
- Man charged with murdering UTA worker found...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 70
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 18
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17