Jason Olson, Deseret News
PRICE — Recreation managers on the Manti-La Sal National Forest are seeking public comments on a proposal to convert the Orange Olsen Administrative Site facilities to rental cabins.
The facilities proposed for the recreation rental program include the Orange Olsen Dwelling and the Orange Olsen Bunkhouse with four trailer pads. The facilities are within a mile of the popular Joes Valley Reservoir, where fishing and boating are available.
The proposal is to charge $60 per night at the Dwelling and $40 per night at the Bunkhouse. The fee for the Bunkhouse would also include four trailer pads with water and sewer hookups. Visitors will have the option of reserving the Dwelling or the Bunkhouse separately, or the entire site. The fees would be used to continue to help protect and maintain the facility.
Comments may be submitted to: Manti-La Sal National Forest, 599 W. Price River Drive, Price, Utah 84501, Attn: Bill Broadbear or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Comments need to be submitted no later than Dec. 31.
If this fee proposal is approved, it is anticipated that the Orange Olsen Administrative Site facilities would become available for overnight rental in the summer of 2014.
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Hillcrest students, others show support for...
- Harley rider killed in accident identified
- New details in court reveal alleged shooter...
- Students wear green to honor 2 Hillcrest...
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on dietary...
- Despite rain, Utahns still have plenty of...
- Mia Love pushing higher education act
- How do Utah wages stack up nationally? 50
- Koch brothers group launches Utah chapter 42
- First prison relocation open house... 38
- Congressional delegation not impressing... 32
- Legalize medical marijuana? Utahns... 28
- S.L. City Council, mayor seek... 28
- Prosecutors file new charge against... 20
- Utah lawmakers begin task to... 15