Jason Olson, Deseret News
PRICE — Recreation managers on the Manti-La Sal National Forest are seeking public comments on a proposal to convert the Orange Olsen Administrative Site facilities to rental cabins.
The facilities proposed for the recreation rental program include the Orange Olsen Dwelling and the Orange Olsen Bunkhouse with four trailer pads. The facilities are within a mile of the popular Joes Valley Reservoir, where fishing and boating are available.
The proposal is to charge $60 per night at the Dwelling and $40 per night at the Bunkhouse. The fee for the Bunkhouse would also include four trailer pads with water and sewer hookups. Visitors will have the option of reserving the Dwelling or the Bunkhouse separately, or the entire site. The fees would be used to continue to help protect and maintain the facility.
Comments may be submitted to: Manti-La Sal National Forest, 599 W. Price River Drive, Price, Utah 84501, Attn: Bill Broadbear or by email at: email@example.com. Comments need to be submitted no later than Dec. 31.
If this fee proposal is approved, it is anticipated that the Orange Olsen Administrative Site facilities would become available for overnight rental in the summer of 2014.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Repo man charged with manslaughter in...
- 4 honored with 2016 Public Service Awards
- Utah STEM Action Center establishes...
- Tyler Library to reopen June 11
- Murray man arrested in Holladay killing...
- Utah Fraternal Order of Police endorses Gov....
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 106
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 40
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 33
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed... 18
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- Sen. Hatch set to tour Utah's national... 14
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9