Jason Olson, Deseret News
PRICE — Recreation managers on the Manti-La Sal National Forest are seeking public comments on a proposal to convert the Orange Olsen Administrative Site facilities to rental cabins.
The facilities proposed for the recreation rental program include the Orange Olsen Dwelling and the Orange Olsen Bunkhouse with four trailer pads. The facilities are within a mile of the popular Joes Valley Reservoir, where fishing and boating are available.
The proposal is to charge $60 per night at the Dwelling and $40 per night at the Bunkhouse. The fee for the Bunkhouse would also include four trailer pads with water and sewer hookups. Visitors will have the option of reserving the Dwelling or the Bunkhouse separately, or the entire site. The fees would be used to continue to help protect and maintain the facility.
Comments may be submitted to: Manti-La Sal National Forest, 599 W. Price River Drive, Price, Utah 84501, Attn: Bill Broadbear or by email at: email@example.com. Comments need to be submitted no later than Dec. 31.
If this fee proposal is approved, it is anticipated that the Orange Olsen Administrative Site facilities would become available for overnight rental in the summer of 2014.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Too many boaters not stopping for quagga...
- Jordan board calls for special bond election...
- 7 habits of mentally strong people
- Alpine Days set for Aug. 5-13
- Longtime USU professor arrested in Maryland...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 15
- Can police-community relations be... 14