Jason Olson, Deseret News
PRICE — Recreation managers on the Manti-La Sal National Forest are seeking public comments on a proposal to convert the Orange Olsen Administrative Site facilities to rental cabins.
The facilities proposed for the recreation rental program include the Orange Olsen Dwelling and the Orange Olsen Bunkhouse with four trailer pads. The facilities are within a mile of the popular Joes Valley Reservoir, where fishing and boating are available.
The proposal is to charge $60 per night at the Dwelling and $40 per night at the Bunkhouse. The fee for the Bunkhouse would also include four trailer pads with water and sewer hookups. Visitors will have the option of reserving the Dwelling or the Bunkhouse separately, or the entire site. The fees would be used to continue to help protect and maintain the facility.
Comments may be submitted to: Manti-La Sal National Forest, 599 W. Price River Drive, Price, Utah 84501, Attn: Bill Broadbear or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Comments need to be submitted no later than Dec. 31.
If this fee proposal is approved, it is anticipated that the Orange Olsen Administrative Site facilities would become available for overnight rental in the summer of 2014.
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- World-renowned rock art in Utah is younger...
- No timeline announced yet for Cottonwood Mall...
- Circleville farmers scratching their heads...
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- Part police cruiser, part taxi,...
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Attorney general deciding whether to... 41
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh... 39
- Newborn found in trash can brings call... 34
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Parents say daughter didn't understand... 22
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Winning plaintiffs in 3 states want... 14