Jason Olson, Deseret News
PRICE — Recreation managers on the Manti-La Sal National Forest are seeking public comments on a proposal to convert the Orange Olsen Administrative Site facilities to rental cabins.
The facilities proposed for the recreation rental program include the Orange Olsen Dwelling and the Orange Olsen Bunkhouse with four trailer pads. The facilities are within a mile of the popular Joes Valley Reservoir, where fishing and boating are available.
The proposal is to charge $60 per night at the Dwelling and $40 per night at the Bunkhouse. The fee for the Bunkhouse would also include four trailer pads with water and sewer hookups. Visitors will have the option of reserving the Dwelling or the Bunkhouse separately, or the entire site. The fees would be used to continue to help protect and maintain the facility.
Comments may be submitted to: Manti-La Sal National Forest, 599 W. Price River Drive, Price, Utah 84501, Attn: Bill Broadbear or by email at: email@example.com. Comments need to be submitted no later than Dec. 31.
If this fee proposal is approved, it is anticipated that the Orange Olsen Administrative Site facilities would become available for overnight rental in the summer of 2014.
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Martin MacNeill gets maximum sentence for...
- Supporters for traditional marriage focus on...
- Astronomers find massive black hole in tiny...
- Darrien's day: Controversy put aside as man...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Mom battling cancer determined to live for...
- Bystanders flip SUV to rescue teen from river
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 106
- Police break silence about... 50
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 40
- Friends, family, strangers gather at... 35
- New definition of homeless would give... 28
- Utah, Western states say feds are all... 26
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 21
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20