Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
WEST VALLEY CITY — The city is celebrating 30 years of National Night Out AGainst Crime with month-long events.
The West Valley City Council declared August 2013 “Neighborhood Nights” month, and Tuesday Aug. 6 as National Night Out Against Crime. National Night Out is designed to heighten crime and drug prevention awareness and strengthen neighborhood spirit and policy-community partnerships.
Activities during the month-long celebration include an estimated 40 events and approximately 9,000 people are expected to attend.
For more information about West Valley City Neighborhood Nights events or National Night Out 2012, call 801-963-3285 or visit www.wvc-ut.gov/nno.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre urges...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Deer attacks man in Draper backyard, police say
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Ex-social worker to plead guilty to sex with...
- Long-awaited Jeremy Johnson fraud trial kicks...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 56
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 37
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 19
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14