Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
WEST VALLEY CITY — The city is celebrating 30 years of National Night Out AGainst Crime with month-long events.
The West Valley City Council declared August 2013 “Neighborhood Nights” month, and Tuesday Aug. 6 as National Night Out Against Crime. National Night Out is designed to heighten crime and drug prevention awareness and strengthen neighborhood spirit and policy-community partnerships.
Activities during the month-long celebration include an estimated 40 events and approximately 9,000 people are expected to attend.
For more information about West Valley City Neighborhood Nights events or National Night Out 2012, call 801-963-3285 or visit www.wvc-ut.gov/nno.
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- We were there: See Deseret News front pages...
- Researchers: Patients have only themselves to...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Love not attending Salt Lake City Rotary Club...
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Friend says wrong-way driver 'wasn't in his...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 79
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 58
- Federal government extends same-sex... 37
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 23
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 15
- Risque video shoots trigger... 14
- Housing recovery slowest since World... 12