Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
WEST VALLEY CITY — The city is celebrating 30 years of National Night Out AGainst Crime with month-long events.
The West Valley City Council declared August 2013 “Neighborhood Nights” month, and Tuesday Aug. 6 as National Night Out Against Crime. National Night Out is designed to heighten crime and drug prevention awareness and strengthen neighborhood spirit and policy-community partnerships.
Activities during the month-long celebration include an estimated 40 events and approximately 9,000 people are expected to attend.
For more information about West Valley City Neighborhood Nights events or National Night Out 2012, call 801-963-3285 or visit www.wvc-ut.gov/nno.
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- Photo gallery: Deseret News Classic 5K
- Ogden man dies following U.S. 89 motorcycle...
- First-timers and veterans among thousands to...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 66
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 30
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 18