Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
WEST VALLEY CITY — The city is celebrating 30 years of National Night Out AGainst Crime with month-long events.
The West Valley City Council declared August 2013 “Neighborhood Nights” month, and Tuesday Aug. 6 as National Night Out Against Crime. National Night Out is designed to heighten crime and drug prevention awareness and strengthen neighborhood spirit and policy-community partnerships.
Activities during the month-long celebration include an estimated 40 events and approximately 9,000 people are expected to attend.
For more information about West Valley City Neighborhood Nights events or National Night Out 2012, call 801-963-3285 or visit www.wvc-ut.gov/nno.
- Boulder slams into Rockville home, killing two
- Lost recording of an interview with 1867...
- Charges filed against 'fixer' in ongoing...
- National Weather Service radar mistakes swans...
- Many Mormon missionaries who return home...
- Passerby was mistakenly used as translator in...
- Utah husband wins 'Most Memorable Moment'...
- Orangeville couple killed in head-on crash
- Pay increase for Gov. Herbert, other... 67
- Legal analysis supports Utah's law on... 37
- Do Utah high school students need four... 32
- Supervolcano hidden in plain sight in... 20
- Charges filed against 'fixer' in... 18
- Young adults are faced with risky... 16
- Rare snowstorm traps I-15 motorists... 14
- John Swallow lost computer hard drive... 12