Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
WEST VALLEY CITY — The city is celebrating 30 years of National Night Out AGainst Crime with month-long events.
The West Valley City Council declared August 2013 “Neighborhood Nights” month, and Tuesday Aug. 6 as National Night Out Against Crime. National Night Out is designed to heighten crime and drug prevention awareness and strengthen neighborhood spirit and policy-community partnerships.
Activities during the month-long celebration include an estimated 40 events and approximately 9,000 people are expected to attend.
For more information about West Valley City Neighborhood Nights events or National Night Out 2012, call 801-963-3285 or visit www.wvc-ut.gov/nno.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Teen who spends his nights taking care of his...
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered assurances...
- Police: Body of man missing since March found
- Oldest giraffe in North America dies at Hogle...
- Zion's Hidden Canyon Trail to close for...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 101
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 39
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 33
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 18
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- South Jordan's FrontRunner-oriented... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9