‘R.I.P.D’: 3 points for parents
- Violence — Large guns and a lot of shooting of already dead people, not zombies, though. The dead can be hurt but not killed unless shot in the head by a special bullet. There is some hand-to-hand fighting using many different objects, including debris from buildings. Many of the dead are shot and get “erased.” There is a scene of cops rushing into a building and shooting it out with bad guys; some people die, including a main character. Another non-dead person is stabbed with a metal rod.
- Sexuality — A wife wakes up her husband by jumping on him in bed. They are in underwear as they roll around the bed, but sexual activity is minimalized, kissing only.
- Language/gore — There are some verbal references to sexual situations, but not many. Profanity is used but it is mild and not as frequent as it could have been. The dead are disfigured as their souls are rotting while they remain on earth. One of them vomits in a scene.
Shawn O'Neill is the Family Man Movie Reviewer. You can see his reviews at http://familymanmovieblog.blogspot.com/.
What You May Have Missed
In Family Media
- Salt Lake Comic Con FanX draws 100,000 attendees
- 'Modern Family' dad opens beer restaurant in...
- Heber Valley Historic Railroad Authority...
- Justin Bieber apologizes for Japan war shrine...
- Harry Potter fans: Hogwarts is offering...
- Summer movie preview: Hollywood bets big again
- Il Divo makes a stop in Salt Lake City
- S.L. father-son team gets U-Turned, comes in...
- Harry Potter fans: Hogwarts is offering... 8
- Film about man's crusade against child... 7
- 'Modern Family' dad opens beer... 2
- Justin Bieber apologizes for Japan war... 2
- Salt Lake Comic Con balloon artist... 2
- Memory Lane: Traveling through time on... 1
- S.L. father-son team gets U-Turned,... 1
- Il Divo makes a stop in Salt Lake City 1