Another mask, another knit cap and a third bank robbed
South Salt Lake police
SOUTH SALT LAKE — A person wearing a Halloween mask and knit cap hit a bank Thursday and investigators suspect it may be the same person who robbed two other banks in the past two weeks.
About 10:40 a.m., a man walked into Zions Bank, 3900 South 700 East, waving a handgun, said South Salt Lake police detective Gary Keller.
The man pointed the gun at both customers and employees and demanded cash from a teller, he said. He left with an undisclosed amount of money. No one was injured.
Investigators believe the same man robbed U.S. Bank, near 2700 South 300 West, on July 18. In that incident, a man wearing a transparent Halloween mask, a knitted beanie, black gloves, light-colored striped shirt, gray khaki pants, white shoes and holding a black handgun, also got away with an undisclosed amount of money.
Both of those incidents could be related to the robbery of a Zions Bank on July 11 at 910 W. 2100 South, according to detectives. In that incident, the suspected bank robber was wearing a similar knit cap and a red mask.
In each incident the suspect is described as a black male, about 6-foot-2, 180 pounds with a thin beard.
Police said the man should be considered armed and dangerous. Anyone with information can call police at 801-840-4000 or 801-799-3000,
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: DNewsCrimeTeam
- Concealed permit holder stopped armed robbery...
- Photos: Hollywood comes to Utah with the...
- 'Frozen', Utah style! Slot canyons, arches...
- Suspected DUI driver found in barn hours...
- Lawmakers looking to pump up gas tax this...
- Are you willing to pay more for your child's...
- Sen. Mike Lee urges conservative Republicans...
- How to keep a youthful appearance
- Mitt sounds like a candidate at Salt... 87
- Sen. Mike Lee urges conservative... 25
- Are you willing to pay more for your... 21
- EPA inventory highlights 'toxic'... 19
- Darrien Hunt's mother pleads not guilty... 19
- Former SUU rugby player sentenced to... 18
- Inmates turn in handgun and magazine... 18
- Lawmakers looking to pump up gas tax... 16