Another mask, another knit cap and a third bank robbed
South Salt Lake police
SOUTH SALT LAKE — A person wearing a Halloween mask and knit cap hit a bank Thursday and investigators suspect it may be the same person who robbed two other banks in the past two weeks.
About 10:40 a.m., a man walked into Zions Bank, 3900 South 700 East, waving a handgun, said South Salt Lake police detective Gary Keller.
The man pointed the gun at both customers and employees and demanded cash from a teller, he said. He left with an undisclosed amount of money. No one was injured.
Investigators believe the same man robbed U.S. Bank, near 2700 South 300 West, on July 18. In that incident, a man wearing a transparent Halloween mask, a knitted beanie, black gloves, light-colored striped shirt, gray khaki pants, white shoes and holding a black handgun, also got away with an undisclosed amount of money.
Both of those incidents could be related to the robbery of a Zions Bank on July 11 at 910 W. 2100 South, according to detectives. In that incident, the suspected bank robber was wearing a similar knit cap and a red mask.
In each incident the suspect is described as a black male, about 6-foot-2, 180 pounds with a thin beard.
Police said the man should be considered armed and dangerous. Anyone with information can call police at 801-840-4000 or 801-799-3000,
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: DNewsCrimeTeam
- Precedents — and exceptions — to...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- Family mourns death of father in freak TRAX...
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- LDS Church leaders continue to emphasize...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- The truth about addiction
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 73
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 51
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 31
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 27
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Roosevelt girl, 8, recovering from pit... 15
- State says it will fund Planned... 14