Another mask, another knit cap and a third bank robbed
South Salt Lake police
SOUTH SALT LAKE — A person wearing a Halloween mask and knit cap hit a bank Thursday and investigators suspect it may be the same person who robbed two other banks in the past two weeks.
About 10:40 a.m., a man walked into Zions Bank, 3900 South 700 East, waving a handgun, said South Salt Lake police detective Gary Keller.
The man pointed the gun at both customers and employees and demanded cash from a teller, he said. He left with an undisclosed amount of money. No one was injured.
Investigators believe the same man robbed U.S. Bank, near 2700 South 300 West, on July 18. In that incident, a man wearing a transparent Halloween mask, a knitted beanie, black gloves, light-colored striped shirt, gray khaki pants, white shoes and holding a black handgun, also got away with an undisclosed amount of money.
Both of those incidents could be related to the robbery of a Zions Bank on July 11 at 910 W. 2100 South, according to detectives. In that incident, the suspected bank robber was wearing a similar knit cap and a red mask.
In each incident the suspect is described as a black male, about 6-foot-2, 180 pounds with a thin beard.
Police said the man should be considered armed and dangerous. Anyone with information can call police at 801-840-4000 or 801-799-3000,
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: DNewsCrimeTeam
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex harassment...
- Worth 1,000 words: Here's a look at the top...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- 'Princess' power: BYU to present stage...
- Earthquake in eastern Nevada felt in St....
- Police arrest 4 suspected in 33 'pillowcase...
- Torn between two countries, family of missing...
- Harley rider killed in accident identified
- First prison relocation open house... 38
- Congressional delegation not impressing... 32
- S.L. City Council, mayor seek... 28
- Prosecutors file new charge against... 20
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex... 17
- Utah lawmakers begin task to... 15
- Police: Toddler accidentally shot in... 13
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 13