Another mask, another knit cap and a third bank robbed
South Salt Lake police
SOUTH SALT LAKE — A person wearing a Halloween mask and knit cap hit a bank Thursday and investigators suspect it may be the same person who robbed two other banks in the past two weeks.
About 10:40 a.m., a man walked into Zions Bank, 3900 South 700 East, waving a handgun, said South Salt Lake police detective Gary Keller.
The man pointed the gun at both customers and employees and demanded cash from a teller, he said. He left with an undisclosed amount of money. No one was injured.
Investigators believe the same man robbed U.S. Bank, near 2700 South 300 West, on July 18. In that incident, a man wearing a transparent Halloween mask, a knitted beanie, black gloves, light-colored striped shirt, gray khaki pants, white shoes and holding a black handgun, also got away with an undisclosed amount of money.
Both of those incidents could be related to the robbery of a Zions Bank on July 11 at 910 W. 2100 South, according to detectives. In that incident, the suspected bank robber was wearing a similar knit cap and a red mask.
In each incident the suspect is described as a black male, about 6-foot-2, 180 pounds with a thin beard.
Police said the man should be considered armed and dangerous. Anyone with information can call police at 801-840-4000 or 801-799-3000,
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: DNewsCrimeTeam
- 2 deadly Utah County shootings spark...
- Testimony focuses on relationship between...
- Women innovators leading by example
- 20 years later, parents of missing Spanish...
- Midvale teen ran over mom with car after...
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- Price teen killed in Carbon County crash
- Body of woman found near hiking trail in...
- 2 deadly Utah County shootings spark... 53
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 38
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 23
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 17
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 14
- Jury convicts San Juan County... 13
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake... 10
- Who should pay? City, developer,... 10