Another mask, another knit cap and a third bank robbed
South Salt Lake police
SOUTH SALT LAKE — A person wearing a Halloween mask and knit cap hit a bank Thursday and investigators suspect it may be the same person who robbed two other banks in the past two weeks.
About 10:40 a.m., a man walked into Zions Bank, 3900 South 700 East, waving a handgun, said South Salt Lake police detective Gary Keller.
The man pointed the gun at both customers and employees and demanded cash from a teller, he said. He left with an undisclosed amount of money. No one was injured.
Investigators believe the same man robbed U.S. Bank, near 2700 South 300 West, on July 18. In that incident, a man wearing a transparent Halloween mask, a knitted beanie, black gloves, light-colored striped shirt, gray khaki pants, white shoes and holding a black handgun, also got away with an undisclosed amount of money.
Both of those incidents could be related to the robbery of a Zions Bank on July 11 at 910 W. 2100 South, according to detectives. In that incident, the suspected bank robber was wearing a similar knit cap and a red mask.
In each incident the suspect is described as a black male, about 6-foot-2, 180 pounds with a thin beard.
Police said the man should be considered armed and dangerous. Anyone with information can call police at 801-840-4000 or 801-799-3000,
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: DNewsCrimeTeam
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- About Utah: Baltic Avenue just bought Boardwalk!
- Body of overdue hiker found in Zion National...
- Tourists rescued after road collapses,...
- Utahns losing thousands of dollars to phony...
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 77
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Mia Love declines to make joint... 50
- Join the discussion: How libertarian is... 36
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 34
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning... 18
- Utah to appeal polygamy ruling in... 13