Sandy City Police
SANDY — Police are asking the public to help them find a man suspected of being a peeping Tom.
On June 27, a 13-year-old girl was in a dressing room at Forever 21, 10450 S. State Street, at the South Towne Mall when her mother noticed a cellphone camera being held under the dressing room divider by someone in the adjacent room, said Sandy Police Sgt. Jon Arnold.
The mother confronted a man inside the dressing room, but he "brushed her off" and continued to walk past her to the exit, Arnold said. She followed him through J.C. Penney's and into the parking lot.
The man, who appeared to be about 19 or 20 years old, seemed to be very familiar with the mall layout, according to investigators.
Mall surveillance video showed a man entering the dressing room area about 8:25 p.m. Detectives say he was in there for 12 minutes and fear there may be additional victims.
The man, about 5 feet 10 inches tall, with blonde hair and a thin build, was last seen wearing a black shirt, black Capri pants and glasses.
That Forever 21 store was the site of another voyeurism incident in 2011. A 47-year-old registered sex offender was arrested after a woman trying on dresses caught him trying to film her with a cellphone camera under the dressing room wall.
Anyone with information can call police at 801-840-4000.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: DNewsCrimeTeam
- LDS leaders respond to reaction over their...
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- Romney decision not to run again disappoints...
- Jury exonerates Marc Jenson in fraud, money...
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of...
- Utah's largest oil producer lays off 80...
- 7 unique adventure dates for two, on the cheap
- State School Board explores budget cuts as...
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of... 204
- LDS leaders respond to reaction over... 150
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about... 39
- Romney decision not to run again... 38
- LDS statement could move Utah... 31
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25
- Business community supports tax... 22
- Utah residents rank air pollution as... 21