Sandy City Police
SANDY — Police are asking the public to help them find a man suspected of being a peeping Tom.
On June 27, a 13-year-old girl was in a dressing room at Forever 21, 10450 S. State Street, at the South Towne Mall when her mother noticed a cellphone camera being held under the dressing room divider by someone in the adjacent room, said Sandy Police Sgt. Jon Arnold.
The mother confronted a man inside the dressing room, but he "brushed her off" and continued to walk past her to the exit, Arnold said. She followed him through J.C. Penney's and into the parking lot.
The man, who appeared to be about 19 or 20 years old, seemed to be very familiar with the mall layout, according to investigators.
Mall surveillance video showed a man entering the dressing room area about 8:25 p.m. Detectives say he was in there for 12 minutes and fear there may be additional victims.
The man, about 5 feet 10 inches tall, with blonde hair and a thin build, was last seen wearing a black shirt, black Capri pants and glasses.
That Forever 21 store was the site of another voyeurism incident in 2011. A 47-year-old registered sex offender was arrested after a woman trying on dresses caught him trying to film her with a cellphone camera under the dressing room wall.
Anyone with information can call police at 801-840-4000.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: DNewsCrimeTeam
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- Employee error ruins 41 acres of Salt Lake...
- A river runs dry: Water and the future of...
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more in wake...
- Boy, 3, killed in Lehi scooter accident
- Lehi toddler killed in accident remembered as...
- Sen. Harry Reid's retirement recalls his...
- BYU student claims he was evicted after...
- BYU student claims he was evicted after... 48
- Sen. Harry Reid's retirement recalls... 36
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more... 33
- Meetings to resolve Medicaid expansion... 29
- Critics worry firing squad law will... 28
- Tea party movement still strong,... 22
- Firing squad's return in Utah may... 14
- A river runs dry: Water and the future... 12