Sandy City Police
SANDY — Police are asking the public to help them find a man suspected of being a peeping Tom.
On June 27, a 13-year-old girl was in a dressing room at Forever 21, 10450 S. State Street, at the South Towne Mall when her mother noticed a cellphone camera being held under the dressing room divider by someone in the adjacent room, said Sandy Police Sgt. Jon Arnold.
The mother confronted a man inside the dressing room, but he "brushed her off" and continued to walk past her to the exit, Arnold said. She followed him through J.C. Penney's and into the parking lot.
The man, who appeared to be about 19 or 20 years old, seemed to be very familiar with the mall layout, according to investigators.
Mall surveillance video showed a man entering the dressing room area about 8:25 p.m. Detectives say he was in there for 12 minutes and fear there may be additional victims.
The man, about 5 feet 10 inches tall, with blonde hair and a thin build, was last seen wearing a black shirt, black Capri pants and glasses.
That Forever 21 store was the site of another voyeurism incident in 2011. A 47-year-old registered sex offender was arrested after a woman trying on dresses caught him trying to film her with a cellphone camera under the dressing room wall.
Anyone with information can call police at 801-840-4000.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: DNewsCrimeTeam
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- Smithfield teen makes Valentine's Day special...
- Giant Kennecott dump trucks are sporting an...
- Scalia's death leaves major void in high...
- France bestows highest honor on Utah veteran
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of BYU...
- Elderly man hit, killed after chasing dog...
- Millcreek man found dead near Saltair was...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 37
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 36
- IRS raids properties with possible... 21
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San... 12
- Summit County wants rewrite of Bishop's... 11
- Cheerleaders for Medicaid expansion ask... 9