BYU tennis: Mackenna Maddox named to WCC Commissioner's Honor Roll
SAN BRUNO, Calif. — With the conclusion of the 2012-13 academic year, BYU women's tennis player Mackenna Maddox was honored by the West Coast Conference's 12th annual WCC Commissioner's Honor Roll, which recognizes student-athletes that have balanced athletic success with academic excellence.
As a freshman, Maddox finished the year with a 14-10 doubles record, which included a win over No. 70 Washington State. During the regular season, the McKinney, Texas, native also competed at the No. 5 singles spot and in the fall advanced to the semifinals of the Cal Nike Invitational on her way to an 8-4 singles record.
For the second consecutive year, over 1,000 WCC student-athletes garnered honors on the Commissioner's Honor Roll for possessing at least a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
Only grades earned at WCC institutions are used in calculating the grade point average for this award. To be considered for this honor, student-athletes must meet the following requirements: individuals must have earned a varsity letter in a sport which the conference determined a champion in the recently completed academic year; the cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 must be based on a 4.0 scale; the individuals must have successfully completed an average of at least 12 graded credit hours (non pass-fail hours) per term. The conference recognizes those on the WCC Commissioner's Honor Roll in three separate categories: 4.00-3.75 — Gold Honors; 3.74-3.50 — Silver Honors; 3.49-3.00 – Bronze Honors.
BYU women's tennis bronze honors
Name, Major, GPA
Mackenna Maddox, Pre-Communications, 3.23
McKay Perry is the sports information director for BYU men's and women's tennis. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The 16 most interesting college lists...
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain Covey's...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit after ACC...
- Lone Peak guard, former BYU commit Jackson,...
- BYU basketball: Cougars shake up starting...
- BYU holds on for 78-74 win over San Francisco
- BYU basketball analysis: Cougars' big men...
- Austin Collie signs with CFL's BC Lions,...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 74
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 61
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34
- Peavler: BYU's recent basketball... 19
- Morning links: Austin Collie denies... 19
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain... 18