BYU tennis: Mackenna Maddox named to WCC Commissioner's Honor Roll
SAN BRUNO, Calif. — With the conclusion of the 2012-13 academic year, BYU women's tennis player Mackenna Maddox was honored by the West Coast Conference's 12th annual WCC Commissioner's Honor Roll, which recognizes student-athletes that have balanced athletic success with academic excellence.
As a freshman, Maddox finished the year with a 14-10 doubles record, which included a win over No. 70 Washington State. During the regular season, the McKinney, Texas, native also competed at the No. 5 singles spot and in the fall advanced to the semifinals of the Cal Nike Invitational on her way to an 8-4 singles record.
For the second consecutive year, over 1,000 WCC student-athletes garnered honors on the Commissioner's Honor Roll for possessing at least a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
Only grades earned at WCC institutions are used in calculating the grade point average for this award. To be considered for this honor, student-athletes must meet the following requirements: individuals must have earned a varsity letter in a sport which the conference determined a champion in the recently completed academic year; the cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 must be based on a 4.0 scale; the individuals must have successfully completed an average of at least 12 graded credit hours (non pass-fail hours) per term. The conference recognizes those on the WCC Commissioner's Honor Roll in three separate categories: 4.00-3.75 — Gold Honors; 3.74-3.50 — Silver Honors; 3.49-3.00 – Bronze Honors.
BYU women's tennis bronze honors
Name, Major, GPA
Mackenna Maddox, Pre-Communications, 3.23
McKay Perry is the sports information director for BYU men's and women's tennis. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Utahns in baseball: C.J. Cron productive for...
- Morning links: Tanner Mangum an underclassman...
- Dick Harmon: Jimmy Blair, the baron of Utah...
- BYU softball: season ends at Columbia Regional
- BYU golf: White leads Cougars to 11th place...
- BYU baseball: Schneemann wins it in bottom of...
- Brennon Anderson's 3-run blast helps lead BYU...
- BYU golf: Cougars wrap up second round play...
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 63
- Morning links: Tanner Mangum an... 52
- Video: 100 days until college football... 18
- Kyle Collinsworth to work out for... 10
- Brennon Anderson's 3-run blast helps... 6
- Brad Rock: This is the Big 12 —of... 6
- Adam Mangum: Picking the top 10... 5
- Dick Harmon: WCC baseball championship:... 5