BYU golf: Jordan Hammer named Division I Cleveland Golf/Srixon All-America Scholar
PROVO, Utah — The 2013 Cleveland Golf/Srixon All-America Scholars have been announced by the Golf Coaches Association of America for Divisions I, II and the NAIA. A total of 152 players have been named in Division I including BYU junior Jordan Hammer.
To be eligible for the GCAA honor, the individual must be a junior or senior academically, compete in at least three full years at the collegiate level, participate in 50 percent of his team's competitive rounds or compete in the NCAA Championships, have a stroke-average under 76.0 in Division I, maintain a minimum cumulative grade-point average of 3.2 and must be of high moral character and be in good standing at his college or university.
Hammer, a general business major, was also named to the 2012-2013 West Coast Conference Commissioner's Honor Roll and the WCC Men's Golf All-Academic Team. He tied a career best fourth finish at the North Ranch Intercollegiate and shot a season best 69 during the first rounds of the North Ranch Intercollegiate and Fresno State Lexus Classic.
- Top 25 QB seasons in BYU history, part 1
- Doug Robinson: Why this mother of four is my...
- Local flavor in the NBA (and beyond):...
- Morning links: National college football...
- Top 25 QB seasons in BYU history, part 2
- Former BYU wide receiver Cody Hoffman rejoins...
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat about this...
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's open to...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 100
- Morning links: National college... 98
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 80
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 33
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 7
- Doug Robinson: Why this mother of four... 5