BYU golf: Jordan Hammer named Division I Cleveland Golf/Srixon All-America Scholar
PROVO, Utah — The 2013 Cleveland Golf/Srixon All-America Scholars have been announced by the Golf Coaches Association of America for Divisions I, II and the NAIA. A total of 152 players have been named in Division I including BYU junior Jordan Hammer.
To be eligible for the GCAA honor, the individual must be a junior or senior academically, compete in at least three full years at the collegiate level, participate in 50 percent of his team's competitive rounds or compete in the NCAA Championships, have a stroke-average under 76.0 in Division I, maintain a minimum cumulative grade-point average of 3.2 and must be of high moral character and be in good standing at his college or university.
Hammer, a general business major, was also named to the 2012-2013 West Coast Conference Commissioner's Honor Roll and the WCC Men's Golf All-Academic Team. He tied a career best fourth finish at the North Ranch Intercollegiate and shot a season best 69 during the first rounds of the North Ranch Intercollegiate and Fresno State Lexus Classic.
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- Dick Harmon: John Beck very impressed with...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle Whittingham...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- BYU's worldwide fan base highlighted in...
- Brad Rock: Jazz dreaming of a Blazing future
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 103
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 75
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 64
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 45
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34
- BYU vs. No. 21 UMass live blog:... 27