BYU cross-country: eight named to WCC Commissioner's Honor Roll
SAN BRUNO, Calif. — With the conclusion of the 2012-13 academic year, the West Coast Conference announced the 12th annual WCC Commissioner's Honor Roll, which recognizes student-athletes that have balanced athletic success with academic excellence. For the second consecutive year, over 1,000 WCC student-athletes garnered honors on the Commissioner's Honor Roll for possessing at least a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
The Honor Roll includes eight members of last year's BYU women's cross-country team.
Only grades earned at WCC institutions are used in calculating the grade point average for this award. To be considered for this honor, student-athletes must meet the following requirements: individuals must have earned a varsity letter in a sport which the conference determined a champion in the recently completed academic year; the cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 must be based on a 4.0 scale; the individuals must have successfully completed an average of at least 12 graded credit hours (non pass-fail hours) per term.
The conference recognizes those on the WCC Commissioner's Honor Roll in three separate categories: 4.00-3.75 — Gold Honors; 3.74-3.50 — Silver Honors; 3.49-3.00 — Bronze Honors.
Women's coss-country honorees
Name, Major, GPA
Michaelanne Laurent, English Teaching, 3.5
Ashleigh Warner, Open, 3.72
Laura Young, Open, 3.59
Sarah Darby, Pre-Social Science Teaching, 3.43
Andrea Harrison, Social Science Teaching, 3.38
Lindsey Nielson, Spanish Teaching, 3.05
Rachel Ann Stewart, Open, 3.38
Kathryn Elizabeth Vidmar, Excercise and Wellness, 3.3
Justin Green is the sports information director over men's track and cross country for BYU Athletic Communications. He is a student at BYU majoring in public relations and minoring in business and will graduate in April 2013.
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk (ahem,...
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor Harding...
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State all...
- Guard Elijah Bryant announces he is...
- Morning links: Devontae Booker to be Utah's...
- Cougars say they have learned lessons in wake...
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive line...
- Phil Steele gives tempered assessment of...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 81
- Phil Steele gives tempered assessment... 77
- Morning links: Utah is on the rise in... 74
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 67
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 49
- BYU looking for another defensive... 33
- Morning links: Tom Hackett is the Utes'... 33
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 31