BYU cross-country: 15 named to WCC Commissioner's Honor Roll
SAN BRUNO, Calif. — With the conclusion of the 2012-13 academic year, the West Coast Conference announced the 12th annual WCC Commissioner's Honor Roll, which recognizes student-athletes that have balanced athletic success with academic excellence. For the second consecutive year, over 1,000 WCC student-athletes garnered honors on the Commissioner's Honor Roll for possessing at least a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
The Honor Roll included 15 members of the BYU men’s cross-country team.
Only grades earned at WCC institutions are used in calculating the grade point average for this award. To be considered for this honor, student-athletes must meet the following requirements: individuals must have earned a varsity letter in a sport which the conference determined a champion in the recently completed academic year; the cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 must be based on a 4.0 scale; the individuals must have successfully completed an average of at least 12 graded credit hours (non pass-fail hours) per term.
The conference recognizes those on the WCC Commissioner's Honor Roll in three separate categories: 4.00-3.75 — Gold Honors; 3.74-3.50 — Silver Honors; 3.49-3.00 — Bronze Honors
BYU men's cross-country honorees
Name, Major, GPA
Daniel Carney, Open, 3.81
Steve Flint, Actuarial Science, 3.78
Erik Harris, Open, 3.81
Jared Rohatinsky, Accounting, 3.94
Thomas Gruenewald, Family Studies, 3.54
Conner Peloquin, Pre-management, 3.63
James Tracy, Excercise Science, 3.58
Jared Ward, Statistical Science, 3.34
Curtis Carr, Economics, 3.33
Taylor Farnsworth, Excercise Science, 3.39
Spencer Gardner, Computer Science, 3.3
Brian Palmer, Excercise Science, 3.15
Rex Shields, History, 3.39
Tylor Thatcher, Chemical Engineering, 3.32
Jason Witt, Applied Statistics, 3.36
Justin Green is the sports information director over men's track and cross country for BYU Athletic Communications. He is a student at BYU majoring in public relations and minoring in business and will graduate in April 2013.
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- Photo gallery: BYU spring football scrimmage...
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans in...
- BYU players work out at Pro Day in hopes of...
- BYU track: Tingey, Harriott, Adams and Walker...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans... 19
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 18
- BYU football hosts 'Friday Night... 13
- NCAA 'service work' has been... 7
- Report: BYU assistant coach Mark Pope... 7
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony... 6
- BYU’s Atuaia ‘hopeful,... 4