Shane Proctor shakes off bad bronc ride, registers solid bull ride at Days of '47 rodeo
Like Proctor, Dent competes in two events, although he is both a bareback and saddle bronc rider. Each of them won an event, but Dent earned the No. 1 ranking in the all-around competition. Proctor was second, which means some additional money in the race to qualify for the NFR.
J.R. Vezain of Wyoming earned the top bareback score in Wednesday’s performance with an 84-point ride. That was only good enough to tie for fourth place as Ty Breuer’s 87-point ride made him the overall champion. Morgan’s Caleb Bennett was second with 82 points.
Three-time NFR champion and this year’s No. 1 ranked cowgirl Sherry Cervi earned the overall title in barrel racing with Tuesday’s fastest time with a 13.33-second ride. Wednesday’s quickest time was turned in by Britany Fleck of North Dakota, who navigated the course in 13.52 seconds.
Wednesday’s fastest steer wrestling time was earned by Josh Garner of California, who finished in 4.7 seconds, but he didn’t place in the top eight overall. The overall title belonged to Tyler Pearson, who wrestled two steer in a combined time of 7.8 seconds.
Jayce Johnson of Nevada earned the fastest time in the tie-down roping in Wednesday’s competition with a 9.3-second performance. That was not fast enough to place in the overall with Matt Shiozawa earning that title with a combined time (two tries) of 15.6 seconds.
Pete Jones and Ben Tibbits of Idaho earned Wednesday’s fastest team roping time of 6.1 seconds. Their combined time of 14 seconds meant fourth place overall. Jimmy Tanner and Shawn Harris earned the top overall spot with a combined time of 10 seconds.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 121
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 33
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 23
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 20