Shane Proctor shakes off bad bronc ride, registers solid bull ride at Days of '47 rodeo
Like Proctor, Dent competes in two events, although he is both a bareback and saddle bronc rider. Each of them won an event, but Dent earned the No. 1 ranking in the all-around competition. Proctor was second, which means some additional money in the race to qualify for the NFR.
J.R. Vezain of Wyoming earned the top bareback score in Wednesday’s performance with an 84-point ride. That was only good enough to tie for fourth place as Ty Breuer’s 87-point ride made him the overall champion. Morgan’s Caleb Bennett was second with 82 points.
Three-time NFR champion and this year’s No. 1 ranked cowgirl Sherry Cervi earned the overall title in barrel racing with Tuesday’s fastest time with a 13.33-second ride. Wednesday’s quickest time was turned in by Britany Fleck of North Dakota, who navigated the course in 13.52 seconds.
Wednesday’s fastest steer wrestling time was earned by Josh Garner of California, who finished in 4.7 seconds, but he didn’t place in the top eight overall. The overall title belonged to Tyler Pearson, who wrestled two steer in a combined time of 7.8 seconds.
Jayce Johnson of Nevada earned the fastest time in the tie-down roping in Wednesday’s competition with a 9.3-second performance. That was not fast enough to place in the overall with Matt Shiozawa earning that title with a combined time (two tries) of 15.6 seconds.
Pete Jones and Ben Tibbits of Idaho earned Wednesday’s fastest team roping time of 6.1 seconds. Their combined time of 14 seconds meant fourth place overall. Jimmy Tanner and Shawn Harris earned the top overall spot with a combined time of 10 seconds.
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- NHL coming to Las Vegas; New team to start...
- Massive crowd engulfs Cleveland, champion...
- Chile beats Colombia 2-0 to return to Copa...
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 78
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 29
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 27
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 14