RSL goalkeeper Josh Saunders undergoes knee surgery, will miss six months
Tony Gutierrez, AP
Real Salt Lake goalkeeper Josh Saunders will miss the remainder of the 2013 MLS season after undergoing successful ACL surgery on Tuesday.
Saunders, who will miss six months for recovery time, tore his left ACL during Real's 3-0 victory at FC Dallas on July 13.
Saunders joined RSL this offseason — after helping the L.A. Galaxy win MLS titles in 2011 and '12 — and had played in three MLS games in 2013, as well as three games during Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup play.
Email: email@example.com; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's future...
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 113
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 31
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- Whittingham says Hatfield is still... 24
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 22