RSL goalkeeper Josh Saunders undergoes knee surgery, will miss six months
Tony Gutierrez, AP
Real Salt Lake goalkeeper Josh Saunders will miss the remainder of the 2013 MLS season after undergoing successful ACL surgery on Tuesday.
Saunders, who will miss six months for recovery time, tore his left ACL during Real's 3-0 victory at FC Dallas on July 13.
Saunders joined RSL this offseason — after helping the L.A. Galaxy win MLS titles in 2011 and '12 — and had played in three MLS games in 2013, as well as three games during Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup play.
Email: email@example.com; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- 20 questions: How well do you know Tyler...
- High school basketball tournaments: Pairings,...
- 15 signs that you're addicted to your Fitbit
- 16 Mormon pop culture moments from 2014-15
- 4A boys basketball tournament quarterfinal...
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest for...
- Haws breaks all-time scoring record in 1st...
- High school boys basketball: Viewmont's...
- Too many turnovers, not enough baskets... 114
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 87
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 80
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 53
- Utah falls to No. 13 in AP poll;... 42
- Dick Harmon: Putting Haws' impending... 37
- Morning links: Examining BYU's at-large... 29
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 28