RSL goalkeeper Josh Saunders undergoes knee surgery, will miss six months
Tony Gutierrez, AP
Real Salt Lake goalkeeper Josh Saunders will miss the remainder of the 2013 MLS season after undergoing successful ACL surgery on Tuesday.
Saunders, who will miss six months for recovery time, tore his left ACL during Real's 3-0 victory at FC Dallas on July 13.
Saunders joined RSL this offseason — after helping the L.A. Galaxy win MLS titles in 2011 and '12 — and had played in three MLS games in 2013, as well as three games during Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup play.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 100
- Morning links: National college... 98
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 80
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 7
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 7