RSL goalkeeper Josh Saunders undergoes knee surgery, will miss six months
Tony Gutierrez, AP
Real Salt Lake goalkeeper Josh Saunders will miss the remainder of the 2013 MLS season after undergoing successful ACL surgery on Tuesday.
Saunders, who will miss six months for recovery time, tore his left ACL during Real's 3-0 victory at FC Dallas on July 13.
Saunders joined RSL this offseason — after helping the L.A. Galaxy win MLS titles in 2011 and '12 — and had played in three MLS games in 2013, as well as three games during Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup play.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- Newcomers enjoy BYU hoops debut in Cougar Tipoff
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the...
- Live streams: 2A & 3A volleyball championship...
- High school football: Improbable final play...
- Felt's Facts, playoff edition: Newcomers,...
- Former BYU pitcher Jeremy Guthrie's little...
- Utah Jazz fall to Rockets on opening night
- Mormons in the rodeo: LDS competitors find...
- BYU needs win at Middle Tennessee to... 78
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 58
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 54
- High school football: State tournament... 50
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42
- BYU men, women both picked to finish... 32
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the... 30