The July 29 cover of TIME Magazine’s international edition will feature Pope Francis, and it has some people questioning the placement of the pope’s image in front of the letter “M” in TIME, saying it appears as though the pope has horns.
“Is it just me, or does it look like TIME magazine gave the Pope some devil horns?!” said Vijay Nazareth on Twitter.
But other commenters note that the this is not the first time the “M” appears to give faces on TIME's cover horns. Past issues that have given some readers similar impressions have featured George W. Bush, Prince Charles, Vladimir Putin and Margaret Thatcher.
While some interpret the supposed horns as a subliminal message, others say it is simply a coincidence.
When the fast-food chain Wendy’s released a new version of its logo in April, some people likewise speculated that it had a secret message also incorporating the letter "m": the word “mom.”
But Wendy’s officials said the placement of “mom” in the logo was unintentional.
“We are aware of this and find it interesting that it appears our Wendy cameo has ‘mom’ on her ruffled collar,” said Denny Lynch, Wendy’s senior vice president of communications in an email to The Huffington Post. “We can assure you it was unintentional.”
Other company logos, such as FedEx, Toblerone and Baskin Robbins, have intended images and messages that may require a second look.
- Why my husband never sleeps on the couch and...
- BYU student parlays app idea into a life-changer
- Erin Stewart: Are your possessions stealing...
- 2015 summer festivals and celebrations around...
- 21 things to look forward to at Disneyland's...
- Motherhood Matters: 6 ways to help your shy...
- It's 'trauma season' in Utah for children
- Why my husband never sleeps on the... 22
- Family stress and poverty affect... 12
- BYU student parlays app idea into a... 12
- Why exposing your children to another... 7
- How strict should parents really be? 5
- Erin Stewart: Are your possessions... 5
- How different types of mothers have... 4
- About Utah: Reliving their great escape... 4