Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Police were investigating the apparent shooting deaths of two people in a Poplar Grove neighborhood Monday.
Officers responded to a call of shots fired near 1670 W. 330 South shortly after 1 p.m. They arrived to find a man lying dead in the street and the body of a deceased woman in a car parked in a driveway just a few feet away.
"I heard like four or five shots. It kind of sounded like firecrackers," said 12-year-old Abraham Gucin, who lives in the neighborhood.
Witnesses saw police escort two children from the scene.
Few details were released about either victim or what possibly happened, but Salt Lake police indicated that they were not looking for any additional gunmen.
— Pat Reavy
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Resting her case: Judge reflects on Cuban...
- Christmas tradition: Judge visits jail to...
- Pranks spark collection of toilet paper by...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 129
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 14
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested... 13
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Utah family making renewed push for... 9