Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Police were investigating the apparent shooting deaths of two people in a Poplar Grove neighborhood Monday.
Officers responded to a call of shots fired near 1670 W. 330 South shortly after 1 p.m. They arrived to find a man lying dead in the street and the body of a deceased woman in a car parked in a driveway just a few feet away.
"I heard like four or five shots. It kind of sounded like firecrackers," said 12-year-old Abraham Gucin, who lives in the neighborhood.
Witnesses saw police escort two children from the scene.
Few details were released about either victim or what possibly happened, but Salt Lake police indicated that they were not looking for any additional gunmen.
— Pat Reavy
- Precedents — and exceptions...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Family mourns death of father in freak TRAX...
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- The truth about addiction
- 'Teacherpreneur,' a new role in the world of...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 68
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 25
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19
- Roosevelt girl, 8, recovering from pit... 15
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 15