Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Police were investigating the apparent shooting deaths of two people in a Poplar Grove neighborhood Monday.
Officers responded to a call of shots fired near 1670 W. 330 South shortly after 1 p.m. They arrived to find a man lying dead in the street and the body of a deceased woman in a car parked in a driveway just a few feet away.
"I heard like four or five shots. It kind of sounded like firecrackers," said 12-year-old Abraham Gucin, who lives in the neighborhood.
Witnesses saw police escort two children from the scene.
Few details were released about either victim or what possibly happened, but Salt Lake police indicated that they were not looking for any additional gunmen.
— Pat Reavy
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate legal...
- Body of missing hiker found above Alta
- Documents: Former teacher says he used to...
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald Trump...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- Worthy of celebration: 99-year history of...
- Work on Canyon Road in Spanish Fork underway
- Woman battling cancer has two bicycles stolen
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald... 62
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 43
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 33
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate... 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 23