Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Police were investigating the apparent shooting deaths of two people in a Poplar Grove neighborhood Monday.
Officers responded to a call of shots fired near 1670 W. 330 South shortly after 1 p.m. They arrived to find a man lying dead in the street and the body of a deceased woman in a car parked in a driveway just a few feet away.
"I heard like four or five shots. It kind of sounded like firecrackers," said 12-year-old Abraham Gucin, who lives in the neighborhood.
Witnesses saw police escort two children from the scene.
Few details were released about either victim or what possibly happened, but Salt Lake police indicated that they were not looking for any additional gunmen.
— Pat Reavy
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- About 22,000 items stored as stolen property...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 23
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 20
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17