PRICE — Authorities in Carbon County are investigating the death of a Wellington man whose body was found last week near his Jeep at the bottom of a 300-foot cliff.
Chris Bailey's mother reported her son missing June 16, Carbon County Sheriff's Chief Deputy Tom Stefanoff said. Bailey, 43, had left messages for family and friends that indicated he might be suicidal, Stefanoff said.
Bailey's 1995 Jeep Wrangler was found two days later by friends and family at the bottom of a cliff near Mounds, Stefanoff said. The sheriff's office recovered Bailey's body nearby.
"It appears he intentionally drove off the cliff," Stefanoff said.
Bailey's body has been sent to the State Medical Examiner's Office for an autopsy, the chief deputy said.
— Geoff Liesik
- Video: How to choose the right helmet for...
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate legal...
- Body of missing hiker found above Alta
- Documents: Former teacher says he used to...
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald Trump...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- Worthy of celebration: 99-year history of...
- Syracuse woman killed in Antelope Drive crash
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald... 62
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 32
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 29
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate... 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rio Grande neighborhood 'more unsafe... 21