PRICE — Authorities in Carbon County are investigating the death of a Wellington man whose body was found last week near his Jeep at the bottom of a 300-foot cliff.
Chris Bailey's mother reported her son missing June 16, Carbon County Sheriff's Chief Deputy Tom Stefanoff said. Bailey, 43, had left messages for family and friends that indicated he might be suicidal, Stefanoff said.
Bailey's 1995 Jeep Wrangler was found two days later by friends and family at the bottom of a cliff near Mounds, Stefanoff said. The sheriff's office recovered Bailey's body nearby.
"It appears he intentionally drove off the cliff," Stefanoff said.
Bailey's body has been sent to the State Medical Examiner's Office for an autopsy, the chief deputy said.
— Geoff Liesik
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Police suspect arson in house fire that...
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue atop...
- Horse owners urged to have animals vaccinated
- Judiciary panel OK’s ex-Centerville...
- Bank bomb scare prompts evacuation of...
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 35
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 35
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 31
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 20
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 18
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 15