PRICE — Authorities in Carbon County are investigating the death of a Wellington man whose body was found last week near his Jeep at the bottom of a 300-foot cliff.
Chris Bailey's mother reported her son missing June 16, Carbon County Sheriff's Chief Deputy Tom Stefanoff said. Bailey, 43, had left messages for family and friends that indicated he might be suicidal, Stefanoff said.
Bailey's 1995 Jeep Wrangler was found two days later by friends and family at the bottom of a cliff near Mounds, Stefanoff said. The sheriff's office recovered Bailey's body nearby.
"It appears he intentionally drove off the cliff," Stefanoff said.
Bailey's body has been sent to the State Medical Examiner's Office for an autopsy, the chief deputy said.
— Geoff Liesik
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- UDOT resurfacing 12300 South in Draper
- Mount Timpanogos trail temporarily closing...
- Blue Moon Festival is Aug. 6 in Holladay
- Orem police invest in new armor to protect...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 26
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 13
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10