PRICE — Authorities in Carbon County are investigating the death of a Wellington man whose body was found last week near his Jeep at the bottom of a 300-foot cliff.
Chris Bailey's mother reported her son missing June 16, Carbon County Sheriff's Chief Deputy Tom Stefanoff said. Bailey, 43, had left messages for family and friends that indicated he might be suicidal, Stefanoff said.
Bailey's 1995 Jeep Wrangler was found two days later by friends and family at the bottom of a cliff near Mounds, Stefanoff said. The sheriff's office recovered Bailey's body nearby.
"It appears he intentionally drove off the cliff," Stefanoff said.
Bailey's body has been sent to the State Medical Examiner's Office for an autopsy, the chief deputy said.
— Geoff Liesik
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- West Nile activity discovered in three Utah...
- Community rallies for Kamas family after...
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 80
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 30
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 18
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 15
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 13