PRICE — Authorities in Carbon County are investigating the death of a Wellington man whose body was found last week near his Jeep at the bottom of a 300-foot cliff.
Chris Bailey's mother reported her son missing June 16, Carbon County Sheriff's Chief Deputy Tom Stefanoff said. Bailey, 43, had left messages for family and friends that indicated he might be suicidal, Stefanoff said.
Bailey's 1995 Jeep Wrangler was found two days later by friends and family at the bottom of a cliff near Mounds, Stefanoff said. The sheriff's office recovered Bailey's body nearby.
"It appears he intentionally drove off the cliff," Stefanoff said.
Bailey's body has been sent to the State Medical Examiner's Office for an autopsy, the chief deputy said.
— Geoff Liesik
- One year later: Slow movement on slide repairs
- Prison inmates start hunger strike, demand...
- Stolen Dodge Charger no match for Hurricane...
- Recreation, crowds and challenges: What's...
- About Utah: He never yelled, but he sure did...
- Teen girl killed in Millard County crash
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Herriman man says his brain tumor felt like a...
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt... 49
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay... 37
- Prison inmates start hunger strike,... 36
- Salt Lake County cities, school... 17
- Teens arrested, rancher cleared after... 12
- Salt Lake police looking for horses,... 10
- Survey: Utah residents want crops, not... 10
- National report shows high overall... 9