PRICE — Authorities in Carbon County are investigating the death of a Wellington man whose body was found last week near his Jeep at the bottom of a 300-foot cliff.
Chris Bailey's mother reported her son missing June 16, Carbon County Sheriff's Chief Deputy Tom Stefanoff said. Bailey, 43, had left messages for family and friends that indicated he might be suicidal, Stefanoff said.
Bailey's 1995 Jeep Wrangler was found two days later by friends and family at the bottom of a cliff near Mounds, Stefanoff said. The sheriff's office recovered Bailey's body nearby.
"It appears he intentionally drove off the cliff," Stefanoff said.
Bailey's body has been sent to the State Medical Examiner's Office for an autopsy, the chief deputy said.
— Geoff Liesik
- Women innovators leading by example
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- 2 deadly Utah County shootings spark...
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- Testimony focuses on relationship between...
- Hiker pulled from Bell Canyon after fall
- Pleasant Grove homeowner shoot, kills man in...
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 38
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 16
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 14
- Jury convicts San Juan County... 13
- 2 deadly Utah County shootings spark... 11
- Attorney: Woman on trial in deputy's... 10
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake... 10