Ravell Call, Deseret News
DRAPER — The Canyons School District is getting ready to open three new schools next month.
Students and teachers at Corner Canyon High School and Butler and Draper Park middle schools will have cutting-edge amenities and technology at their fingertips.
Corner Canyon at 12943 S. 700 East is the first public secondary school to be built in Draper. It boasts state-of-the art science labs, a 3,300-seat capacity gym that meets NCAA standards and a 120-seat lecture hall.
Draper Park Middle School at 13133 S. 1300 East, the first public middle school in Draper, has three academic wings that house high-tech classrooms, a fully integrated media center with a TV production studio and a 700-seat auditorium, to name a few of the school’s exciting features.
Butler Middle School, 7530 S. 2700 East, has a gymnasium with an elevated indoor running track and fitness rooms dedicated to dance and strength training, a 1,000-seat auditorium theater and an expanded cafeteria and spacious commons area.
The public is invited to attend the following ribbon-cutting ceremonies: Corner Canyon High School Tuesday, Aug. 13 at 9 a.m.; Draper Park Middle School Wednesday, Aug. 14 at 5 p.m.; and Butler Middle School on Wednesday, Aug. 14 at 6 p.m.
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Who should pay? City, developer, residents at...
- Pleasant Grove homeowner shoot, kills man in...
- Report highlights earth-shattering increases...
- 11 signs you're a Jeep driver
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- Outcome of same-sex marriage case hard... 54
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 32
- Herbert, legislative leaders starting... 29
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 14
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 12
- Attorney: Woman on trial in deputy's... 10
- Jury convicts San Juan County... 10