Ravell Call, Deseret News
DRAPER — The Canyons School District is getting ready to open three new schools next month.
Students and teachers at Corner Canyon High School and Butler and Draper Park middle schools will have cutting-edge amenities and technology at their fingertips.
Corner Canyon at 12943 S. 700 East is the first public secondary school to be built in Draper. It boasts state-of-the art science labs, a 3,300-seat capacity gym that meets NCAA standards and a 120-seat lecture hall.
Draper Park Middle School at 13133 S. 1300 East, the first public middle school in Draper, has three academic wings that house high-tech classrooms, a fully integrated media center with a TV production studio and a 700-seat auditorium, to name a few of the school’s exciting features.
Butler Middle School, 7530 S. 2700 East, has a gymnasium with an elevated indoor running track and fitness rooms dedicated to dance and strength training, a 1,000-seat auditorium theater and an expanded cafeteria and spacious commons area.
The public is invited to attend the following ribbon-cutting ceremonies: Corner Canyon High School Tuesday, Aug. 13 at 9 a.m.; Draper Park Middle School Wednesday, Aug. 14 at 5 p.m.; and Butler Middle School on Wednesday, Aug. 14 at 6 p.m.
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- Duchesne County man pleads guilty to federal...
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 10
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Missionary, police testify against man... 8