Ravell Call, Deseret News
DRAPER — The Canyons School District is getting ready to open three new schools next month.
Students and teachers at Corner Canyon High School and Butler and Draper Park middle schools will have cutting-edge amenities and technology at their fingertips.
Corner Canyon at 12943 S. 700 East is the first public secondary school to be built in Draper. It boasts state-of-the art science labs, a 3,300-seat capacity gym that meets NCAA standards and a 120-seat lecture hall.
Draper Park Middle School at 13133 S. 1300 East, the first public middle school in Draper, has three academic wings that house high-tech classrooms, a fully integrated media center with a TV production studio and a 700-seat auditorium, to name a few of the school’s exciting features.
Butler Middle School, 7530 S. 2700 East, has a gymnasium with an elevated indoor running track and fitness rooms dedicated to dance and strength training, a 1,000-seat auditorium theater and an expanded cafeteria and spacious commons area.
The public is invited to attend the following ribbon-cutting ceremonies: Corner Canyon High School Tuesday, Aug. 13 at 9 a.m.; Draper Park Middle School Wednesday, Aug. 14 at 5 p.m.; and Butler Middle School on Wednesday, Aug. 14 at 6 p.m.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 44
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 42
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 38
- Hal Boyd: Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 32
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Report: States manage public lands for... 23