Ravell Call, Deseret News
DRAPER — The Canyons School District is getting ready to open three new schools next month.
Students and teachers at Corner Canyon High School and Butler and Draper Park middle schools will have cutting-edge amenities and technology at their fingertips.
Corner Canyon at 12943 S. 700 East is the first public secondary school to be built in Draper. It boasts state-of-the art science labs, a 3,300-seat capacity gym that meets NCAA standards and a 120-seat lecture hall.
Draper Park Middle School at 13133 S. 1300 East, the first public middle school in Draper, has three academic wings that house high-tech classrooms, a fully integrated media center with a TV production studio and a 700-seat auditorium, to name a few of the school’s exciting features.
Butler Middle School, 7530 S. 2700 East, has a gymnasium with an elevated indoor running track and fitness rooms dedicated to dance and strength training, a 1,000-seat auditorium theater and an expanded cafeteria and spacious commons area.
The public is invited to attend the following ribbon-cutting ceremonies: Corner Canyon High School Tuesday, Aug. 13 at 9 a.m.; Draper Park Middle School Wednesday, Aug. 14 at 5 p.m.; and Butler Middle School on Wednesday, Aug. 14 at 6 p.m.
- Celebrate summer fun with a photographic look...
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- Southern Utah infant dies after being left in...
- Review board clears Salt Lake police officer...
- Proposal: Real Salt Lake would pay for minor...
- Police say son beat 70-year-old father to death
- Utah mother of 8 in running for...
- Uintah County man accused of assaulting...
- 67 unaccompanied children who crossed... 78
- Republican, Democratic political... 49
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort 44
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding'... 33
- Pro-Palestinian crowd rallies in Salt... 33
- Review board clears Salt Lake police... 30
- Lawsuit claims State School Board... 29
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 26