SALT LAKE CITY — For the fifth consecutive year, Westminster College has been named one of the best colleges in the nation to work for by the Chronicle of Higher Education.
The Sugar House-based liberal arts school is one of 97 institutions to earn the recognition, which is based on surveys of more than 46,600 employees from 300 U.S colleges and universities as well an institutional audit of demographics and workplace policies.
Westminster received high marks in three categories: teaching environment, facilities, workplace and security, and collaborative governance.
"Our focus at Westminster College is entirely on our students and their success, and our attention as faculty and staff must be given to those priorities that benefit students,” Brian Levin-Stankevich, Westminster College president, said in a prepared statement. “We are successful because we have an environment that supports our professional needs, that encourages collaboration and innovation and that respects the contributions of everyone to our common objectives. The Chronicle's recognition will make us work even harder to enhance this extraordinary learning and working environment."
Westminster College, founded in 1875, is a private comprehensive liberal arts college located in Salt Lake City. The college employs 155 full-time faculty and 255 part-time faculty, according to the school's website. Enrollment is roughly 3,300.
— Benjamin Wood
- Scam targets families of LDS missionaries
- Utah woman's secret: Ted Bundy tried to kill...
- Arches National Park wants to ID those...
- Women called heroes for reviving high school...
- LDS missionary Mason Wells returns home 37...
- BYU will buy Provo High School for $25M,...
- Poll: 66 percent of Utahns support medical...
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah
- Poll: 66 percent of Utahns support... 49
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah 48
- BYU will buy Provo High School for... 47
- GOP's hard feelings over SB54 play part... 43
- Waiting on 'young invincibles' 40
- LDS Church hires assistant church... 40
- Sen. Ted Cruz secures second Utah... 27
- Council approves policy banning dating... 23