SALT LAKE CITY — For the fifth consecutive year, Westminster College has been named one of the best colleges in the nation to work for by the Chronicle of Higher Education.
The Sugar House-based liberal arts school is one of 97 institutions to earn the recognition, which is based on surveys of more than 46,600 employees from 300 U.S colleges and universities as well an institutional audit of demographics and workplace policies.
Westminster received high marks in three categories: teaching environment, facilities, workplace and security, and collaborative governance.
"Our focus at Westminster College is entirely on our students and their success, and our attention as faculty and staff must be given to those priorities that benefit students,” Brian Levin-Stankevich, Westminster College president, said in a prepared statement. “We are successful because we have an environment that supports our professional needs, that encourages collaboration and innovation and that respects the contributions of everyone to our common objectives. The Chronicle's recognition will make us work even harder to enhance this extraordinary learning and working environment."
Westminster College, founded in 1875, is a private comprehensive liberal arts college located in Salt Lake City. The college employs 155 full-time faculty and 255 part-time faculty, according to the school's website. Enrollment is roughly 3,300.
— Benjamin Wood
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- Solar energy users claim victory as 'sun tax'...
- Duchesne County man pleads guilty to federal...
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 32
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 11
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Missionary, police testify against man... 8