SALT LAKE CITY — For the fifth consecutive year, Westminster College has been named one of the best colleges in the nation to work for by the Chronicle of Higher Education.
The Sugar House-based liberal arts school is one of 97 institutions to earn the recognition, which is based on surveys of more than 46,600 employees from 300 U.S colleges and universities as well an institutional audit of demographics and workplace policies.
Westminster received high marks in three categories: teaching environment, facilities, workplace and security, and collaborative governance.
"Our focus at Westminster College is entirely on our students and their success, and our attention as faculty and staff must be given to those priorities that benefit students,” Brian Levin-Stankevich, Westminster College president, said in a prepared statement. “We are successful because we have an environment that supports our professional needs, that encourages collaboration and innovation and that respects the contributions of everyone to our common objectives. The Chronicle's recognition will make us work even harder to enhance this extraordinary learning and working environment."
Westminster College, founded in 1875, is a private comprehensive liberal arts college located in Salt Lake City. The college employs 155 full-time faculty and 255 part-time faculty, according to the school's website. Enrollment is roughly 3,300.
— Benjamin Wood
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away drought
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- We're not in Utah anymore — photos of...
- BYU Museum of Art acquires previously lost...
- Vernal man accused of beating puppy with a bat
- Grantsville residents tell Prison Relocation...
- Salt Lake Olympic scandal 'set a precedent'...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 41
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 29
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 25
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away... 23
- Conservative group yanks TV ads... 18
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 18
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 17