Chocolate Covered Cookie Balls are an easy treat that likely won't be around for long
I love chocolate and there is nothing better than chocolate covered chocolate.
One of my favorite treats to fix for family and friends is these chocolate covered cookie balls. They are easy to make and full of flavor. There are only a few ingredient, but this recipe tastes like you’ve worked on it for hours. They are great for gift giving too. No one will ever think “it’s the thought that counts” with these little gems, instead thinking “I want more!”
These treats feature cream filled chocolate cookies that are smashed and then mixed with cream cheese and dipped in chocolate. Need I say more?
The process is a little messy but having melted chocolate all over your hands is hardly a tragedy. They are as delicious while you’re making them as when they are sitting daintily on a serving tray. Treat someone special to these delicious and decadent treats, even it that someone special is you.
Belle's Chocolate Covered Cookie Balls
1 (16 ounce) package cream-filled chocolate cookies (like Oreos)
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened at room temperature
16 ounces chocolate flavored almond bark
In a gallon-size plastic bag, crush the cookies using a mallet or other heavy object. Using an electric mixer, combine the crushed cookies and cream cheese until they form a soft dough. Shape into walnut-size balls and place on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper. Chill about an hour.
Melt the almond bark in a bowl, stirring often (I use the microwave), being careful not to burn it. Stick a toothpick into each ball and then dip the ball in the chocolate. Place it back on the wax paper to harden.
Brenda Stanley is the mother of five children, including two sets of twins, and a grandmother of three. She is a cookbook author and novelist. Her website is at talesofthedinnerbelle.com.
- The heart of the matter: What your pulse says...
- What 'shared parenting' is and how it can...
- The Clean Cut: New trailer for ‘The...
- Doris Kearns Goodwin: 'Tell and retell...
- Creators of Love Taza blog encourage...
- UTubers: Devin Graham re-creates ‘The...
- Valentine's Day is the day to see loved ones...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Parenting around the...
- What 'shared parenting' is and how it... 3
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Parenting... 1
- Doris Kearns Goodwin: 'Tell and retell... 1
- RootsTech 2016 a 25,000-member 'studio... 0
- Happy birthday, Facebook: How... 0
- The Clean Cut: Retiring deputy's... 0
- UTubers: Utah father’s lullaby... 0
- Austen meets the undead in macabre... 0