NORTH LOGAN — Fire caused heavy damage to a vacant home Monday.
Emergency dispatchers received the call of a fire at 1609 N. 1000 East, just after 3 a.m. The first arriving units found flames pushing through the roof, said North Logan Fire Deputy Chief Craig Humphreys.
The fire was extinguished about 30 minutes later. Damage was estimated at $175,000. Humphreys said the house was foreclosed on and had been vacant for months. No injuries were reported. Investigators were looking for a cause.
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Video of school bus driver shows 'bizarre'...
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding' with...
- Settlement in dog shooting case reached, then...
- Republican, Democratic political... 37
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 20
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 19
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 17
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for... 13