OREM — An Orem man died Saturday night after being thrown from his motorcycle earlier in the day on University Parkway near State Street.
Killed was Jal W. Oomrigar, 27, Orem police said.
A Utah County Sheriff's deputy traveling on University Parkway at 2:30 p.m. Saturday saw a man come up behind him on a motorcycle at a high rate of speed, Orem Police Lt. Craig Martinez said. The deputy saw the man weaving in and out of traffic and passing between cars but reportedly slowed down after seeing the deputy's vehicle.
Martinez said after passing the deputy, the motorcyclist again accelerated to speeds in excess of 90 mph. When the deputy came up over the next hill he was flagged down by witnesses who had seen the motorcycle run into the back of a stopped car.
Oomrigar was not wearing a helmet when he was thrown from his motorcycle, Martinez said. He died at a local hospital at about 8 p.m.
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: bjaminwood
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 43
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 42
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 38
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29