OREM — An Orem man died Saturday night after being thrown from his motorcycle earlier in the day on University Parkway near State Street.
Killed was Jal W. Oomrigar, 27, Orem police said.
A Utah County Sheriff's deputy traveling on University Parkway at 2:30 p.m. Saturday saw a man come up behind him on a motorcycle at a high rate of speed, Orem Police Lt. Craig Martinez said. The deputy saw the man weaving in and out of traffic and passing between cars but reportedly slowed down after seeing the deputy's vehicle.
Martinez said after passing the deputy, the motorcyclist again accelerated to speeds in excess of 90 mph. When the deputy came up over the next hill he was flagged down by witnesses who had seen the motorcycle run into the back of a stopped car.
Oomrigar was not wearing a helmet when he was thrown from his motorcycle, Martinez said. He died at a local hospital at about 8 p.m.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: bjaminwood
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Prosecutors 'stand down' and drop criminal...
- Screaming, shouting and Utah's in the middle...
- Utah crafting rules for spending on water,...
- Utah city condemns Confederate flag display...
- Fire destroys Taylorsville home, damages another
- Another first: Utah caretaker contracts Zika...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Screaming, shouting and Utah's in the... 64
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 29
- Prosecutors 'stand down' and drop... 28
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16