OREM — An Orem man died Saturday night after being thrown from his motorcycle earlier in the day on University Parkway near State Street.
Killed was Jal W. Oomrigar, 27, Orem police said.
A Utah County Sheriff's deputy traveling on University Parkway at 2:30 p.m. Saturday saw a man come up behind him on a motorcycle at a high rate of speed, Orem Police Lt. Craig Martinez said. The deputy saw the man weaving in and out of traffic and passing between cars but reportedly slowed down after seeing the deputy's vehicle.
Martinez said after passing the deputy, the motorcyclist again accelerated to speeds in excess of 90 mph. When the deputy came up over the next hill he was flagged down by witnesses who had seen the motorcycle run into the back of a stopped car.
Oomrigar was not wearing a helmet when he was thrown from his motorcycle, Martinez said. He died at a local hospital at about 8 p.m.
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: bjaminwood
- BYU student parlays app idea into a life-changer
- Mayor responds to pending harassment lawsuit...
- Parents of teen who died in overdose hope...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Zion's trees are dying of old age
- Conservative group yanks TV ads targeting...
- Sculptor hopes new statue brings comfort to...
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex... 22
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 17
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 16
- Conservative group yanks TV ads... 14
- Mayor responds to pending harassment... 12
- Mia Love pushing higher education act 11
- Sen. Mike Lee pushing for vote on USA... 9
- A.G. Sean Reyes took donation from... 8