Utah Highway Patrol
ST. GEORGE — A woman was killed Saturday after being ejected from her vehicle on I-15.
Utah Highway Patrol spokesman Jesse Valenzuela said the woman was driving northbound on I-15 near mile post 23 Saturday afternoon when her vehicle veered off the left side of the road and into the median.
The vehicle hit an embankment and rolled over the concrete barrier, coming to rest in the southbound lanes, Valenzuela said. The driver, who was not wearing a seatbelt, was ejected from the vehicle and killed instantly.
Valenzuela said it is not yet known what caused the driver to leave the road. Her name has not yet been released.
More information will be provided as it becomes available.
- Celebrate summer fun with a photographic look...
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- 67 unaccompanied children who crossed...
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding' with...
- Lawsuit claims State School Board violated...
- Investigation into shooting death of Uintah...
- NTSB: Plane that crashed in Arizona killing...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Utah’s...
- 67 unaccompanied children who crossed... 77
- Republican, Democratic political... 48
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding'... 31
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort 31
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 26
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 23
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 22