Utah Highway Patrol
ST. GEORGE — A woman was killed Saturday after being ejected from her vehicle on I-15.
Utah Highway Patrol spokesman Jesse Valenzuela said the woman was driving northbound on I-15 near mile post 23 Saturday afternoon when her vehicle veered off the left side of the road and into the median.
The vehicle hit an embankment and rolled over the concrete barrier, coming to rest in the southbound lanes, Valenzuela said. The driver, who was not wearing a seatbelt, was ejected from the vehicle and killed instantly.
Valenzuela said it is not yet known what caused the driver to leave the road. Her name has not yet been released.
More information will be provided as it becomes available.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Applications being taken for justice court...
- UDOT resurfacing 12300 South in Draper
- Mount Timpanogos trail temporarily closing...
- Blue Moon Festival is Aug. 6 in Holladay
- Orem police invest in new armor to protect...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 75
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 21
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14