Utah Highway Patrol
ST. GEORGE — A woman was killed Saturday after being ejected from her vehicle on I-15.
Utah Highway Patrol spokesman Jesse Valenzuela said the woman was driving northbound on I-15 near mile post 23 Saturday afternoon when her vehicle veered off the left side of the road and into the median.
The vehicle hit an embankment and rolled over the concrete barrier, coming to rest in the southbound lanes, Valenzuela said. The driver, who was not wearing a seatbelt, was ejected from the vehicle and killed instantly.
Valenzuela said it is not yet known what caused the driver to leave the road. Her name has not yet been released.
More information will be provided as it becomes available.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay...
- California man drove to Vernal for sex with...
- A photographic look at how Days of '47 floats...
- Utah kids have lower death rate, but more...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Supporters rally around breast-feeding... 73
- Gov. says Utah will comply with law if... 59
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- $1.8B project to take Salt Lake City... 17
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14