Utah Highway Patrol
ST. GEORGE — A woman was killed Saturday after being ejected from her vehicle on I-15.
Utah Highway Patrol spokesman Jesse Valenzuela said the woman was driving northbound on I-15 near mile post 23 Saturday afternoon when her vehicle veered off the left side of the road and into the median.
The vehicle hit an embankment and rolled over the concrete barrier, coming to rest in the southbound lanes, Valenzuela said. The driver, who was not wearing a seatbelt, was ejected from the vehicle and killed instantly.
Valenzuela said it is not yet known what caused the driver to leave the road. Her name has not yet been released.
More information will be provided as it becomes available.
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 86
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 28
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 17
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 16
- Owens participates in Rotary Club... 16