Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — One man was shot in the leg early Sunday morning after a group of individuals ejected from a club returned and fired rounds into a crowd.
Lt. Scott White of the Salt Lake Police Department said four individuals have been taken into custody following the shooting, which occurred around 1:30 a.m. Sunday outside The Circle Lounge at 328 S. State Street.
White said earlier in the evening there was an altercation at The Circle Lounge and a group of individuals were asked to leave. The group returned later that night as the crowd was letting out and four to five shots were fired.
One man was struck in the calf, White said, and transferred to University Hospital. White said the man's injury was serious but not life threatening.
Investigators received a suspect description and license plate number from witnesses. White said officials were able to track the vehicle to Cottonwood Heights, were four individuals were taken into custody for questioning.
More information will be provided as it becomes available.
Contributing: Dan Jessop
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: bjaminwood
- Community comes together to surprise...
- 'We're not going to stop'
- Man killed in avalanche had a passion for...
- Photos: Olympian Noelle Pikus-Pace speaks to...
- About Utah: Company helps show 'you don't win...
- No money for House Speaker Becky Lockhart's...
- Behind the masks: Why some Utahns choose...
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 34
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 31
- Judge: Biological father will share... 28
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 24
- Local religious leaders urge support... 24
- Cities, state battle panhandling... 22
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 18
- Dog lovers walk to support anti-bias... 12