Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — One man was shot in the leg early Sunday morning after a group of individuals ejected from a club returned and fired rounds into a crowd.
Lt. Scott White of the Salt Lake Police Department said four individuals have been taken into custody following the shooting, which occurred around 1:30 a.m. Sunday outside The Circle Lounge at 328 S. State Street.
White said earlier in the evening there was an altercation at The Circle Lounge and a group of individuals were asked to leave. The group returned later that night as the crowd was letting out and four to five shots were fired.
One man was struck in the calf, White said, and transferred to University Hospital. White said the man's injury was serious but not life threatening.
Investigators received a suspect description and license plate number from witnesses. White said officials were able to track the vehicle to Cottonwood Heights, were four individuals were taken into custody for questioning.
More information will be provided as it becomes available.
Contributing: Dan Jessop
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: bjaminwood
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- Odyssey Elementary opens doors for...
- Stranger donates vehicle to Bountiful...
- Family seeks change as poisoned tea...
- Utah County teen made 'swatting' threats...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 58
- Utah argues for more time to file... 41
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 33
- Government regulation has become like... 31
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic... 27
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an... 22