Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — One man was shot in the leg early Sunday morning after a group of individuals ejected from a club returned and fired rounds into a crowd.
Lt. Scott White of the Salt Lake Police Department said four individuals have been taken into custody following the shooting, which occurred around 1:30 a.m. Sunday outside The Circle Lounge at 328 S. State Street.
White said earlier in the evening there was an altercation at The Circle Lounge and a group of individuals were asked to leave. The group returned later that night as the crowd was letting out and four to five shots were fired.
One man was struck in the calf, White said, and transferred to University Hospital. White said the man's injury was serious but not life threatening.
Investigators received a suspect description and license plate number from witnesses. White said officials were able to track the vehicle to Cottonwood Heights, were four individuals were taken into custody for questioning.
More information will be provided as it becomes available.
Contributing: Dan Jessop
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: bjaminwood
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- Shots fired after fight at high school in...
- About Utah: Remembering the most brilliant...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 164
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 84
- Bingham High students walk out over... 65
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Poll: Utahns in favor of school... 23
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 19
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 18