Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — One man was shot in the leg early Sunday morning after a group of individuals ejected from a club returned and fired rounds into a crowd.
Lt. Scott White of the Salt Lake Police Department said four individuals have been taken into custody following the shooting, which occurred around 1:30 a.m. Sunday outside The Circle Lounge at 328 S. State Street.
White said earlier in the evening there was an altercation at The Circle Lounge and a group of individuals were asked to leave. The group returned later that night as the crowd was letting out and four to five shots were fired.
One man was struck in the calf, White said, and transferred to University Hospital. White said the man's injury was serious but not life threatening.
Investigators received a suspect description and license plate number from witnesses. White said officials were able to track the vehicle to Cottonwood Heights, were four individuals were taken into custody for questioning.
More information will be provided as it becomes available.
Contributing: Dan Jessop
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: bjaminwood
- Lehi airman pulls off 'Operation Surprise'...
- Judge: Biological father will share custody...
- Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit offers chance to...
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going digital a...
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- The story of a fish, a river and what's ahead...
- Trial set for man accused of starting...
- Artifact vandalism near Moab a growing problem
- Advocates rally and 'roar' for... 54
- National, local businesses file briefs... 52
- Family of BYU student hit by car say... 40
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 32
- Attempt to raise minimum wage in Utah... 30
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 29
- Chase with alleged shoplifters ends in... 17
- Prison relocation resolution passes House 17