Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — One man was shot in the leg early Sunday morning after a group of individuals ejected from a club returned and fired rounds into a crowd.
Lt. Scott White of the Salt Lake Police Department said four individuals have been taken into custody following the shooting, which occurred around 1:30 a.m. Sunday outside The Circle Lounge at 328 S. State Street.
White said earlier in the evening there was an altercation at The Circle Lounge and a group of individuals were asked to leave. The group returned later that night as the crowd was letting out and four to five shots were fired.
One man was struck in the calf, White said, and transferred to University Hospital. White said the man's injury was serious but not life threatening.
Investigators received a suspect description and license plate number from witnesses. White said officials were able to track the vehicle to Cottonwood Heights, were four individuals were taken into custody for questioning.
More information will be provided as it becomes available.
Contributing: Dan Jessop
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: bjaminwood
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 42
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 37
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 26