SALT LAKE CITY — Two women died in a head on collision on Interstate 80 north of Coalville in Utah, Saturday afternoon.
The collision claimed the driver in each vehicle. Killed were 65-year-old Judith Nethercott and 29-year-old Kallie Nelson. They were the only occupants of their vehicles, according to the Utah Highway Patrol.
Nelson was driving a white Mazda heading eastbound when it crossed over the center line into oncoming traffic. It hit the blue Mercury Nethercott which was headed westbound. It is not clear what caused the driver to cross into oncoming traffic, UHP officials said.
Westbound lanes were closed for a few hours because of the accident.
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah town...
- Primary Children's Hospital chaplains laugh,...
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 71
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18