SALT LAKE CITY — Two women died in a head on collision on Interstate 80 north of Coalville in Utah, Saturday afternoon.
The collision claimed the driver in each vehicle. Killed were 65-year-old Judith Nethercott and 29-year-old Kallie Nelson. They were the only occupants of their vehicles, according to the Utah Highway Patrol.
Nelson was driving a white Mazda heading eastbound when it crossed over the center line into oncoming traffic. It hit the blue Mercury Nethercott which was headed westbound. It is not clear what caused the driver to cross into oncoming traffic, UHP officials said.
Westbound lanes were closed for a few hours because of the accident.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Festival celebrates cultural traditions
- Police suspect arson in house fire that...
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue atop...
- Horse owners urged to have animals vaccinated
- Judiciary panel OK’s ex-Centerville...
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 34
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 30
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 20
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 15
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 14