SALT LAKE CITY — Two women died in a head on collision on Interstate 80 north of Coalville in Utah, Saturday afternoon.
The collision claimed the driver in each vehicle. Killed were 65-year-old Judith Nethercott and 29-year-old Kallie Nelson. They were the only occupants of their vehicles, according to the Utah Highway Patrol.
Nelson was driving a white Mazda heading eastbound when it crossed over the center line into oncoming traffic. It hit the blue Mercury Nethercott which was headed westbound. It is not clear what caused the driver to cross into oncoming traffic, UHP officials said.
Westbound lanes were closed for a few hours because of the accident.
- Manti man indicted in Oregon occupation;...
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of BYU...
- Millcreek man found dead near Saltair was...
- 'He was large, he was angry, he was bloody,'...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San Juan...
- Inversion tightens grip on Wasatch Front
- BYU's first physics grad earns posthumous Grammy
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 34
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 32
- IRS raids properties with possible... 20
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 14
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close... 11