SALT LAKE CITY — Two women died in a head on collision on Interstate 80 north of Coalville in Utah, Saturday afternoon.
The collision claimed the driver in each vehicle. Killed were 65-year-old Judith Nethercott and 29-year-old Kallie Nelson. They were the only occupants of their vehicles, according to the Utah Highway Patrol.
Nelson was driving a white Mazda heading eastbound when it crossed over the center line into oncoming traffic. It hit the blue Mercury Nethercott which was headed westbound. It is not clear what caused the driver to cross into oncoming traffic, UHP officials said.
Westbound lanes were closed for a few hours because of the accident.
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- Graphic video shows 7 shots fired without...
- Husband says he didn't know about wife's...
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on continued...
- Utah cyclist dies Sunday at the age of 23
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- Study: Fathers as likely as mothers to kill...
- Dinosaur discoveries in Utah's 'amazing...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 98
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove... 74
- Utah attorney general encourages... 57
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 37
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24
- Moab's dilemma: Can recreation coexist... 23
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 12