SALT LAKE CITY — Two women died in a head on collision on Interstate 80 north of Coalville in Utah, Saturday afternoon.
The collision claimed the driver in each vehicle. Killed were 65-year-old Judith Nethercott and 29-year-old Kallie Nelson. They were the only occupants of their vehicles, according to the Utah Highway Patrol.
Nelson was driving a white Mazda heading eastbound when it crossed over the center line into oncoming traffic. It hit the blue Mercury Nethercott which was headed westbound. It is not clear what caused the driver to cross into oncoming traffic, UHP officials said.
Westbound lanes were closed for a few hours because of the accident.
- Sculptor hopes new statue brings comfort to...
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex harassment...
- Conservative group yanks TV ads targeting...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Torn between two countries, family of missing...
- Teen dies in suspected overdose in Farmington
- Mayor responds to pending harassment lawsuit...
- Zion's trees are dying of old age
- First prison relocation open house... 39
- Congressional delegation not impressing... 32
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex... 21
- Prosecutors file new charge against... 20
- Utah lawmakers begin task to... 15
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 15
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 14
- Police: Toddler accidentally shot in... 13