Eric Gay, AP
DUCHESNE — Two teenaged Boy Scouts who went missing Friday were found Saturday afternoon in good condition by search and rescue teams.
The boys were hiking in Uinta Canyon on King's Peak Friday when they hit a fork in the trail. One led to Henry's Fork and the other led to Painter Basin. This is where the boys were last seen before they went missing, according to a media release from Duchesne County Search and Rescue. This is the most common area where groups get divided, according to Joni Crane, public relations director for the High Uinta District.
Duchesne and Summit County Search and Rescue teams were sent out to find the missing teens. Rescuers from Summit County found the 14- and 15-year-old teens around 3 p.m., Saturday. The teens' parents were notified.
Uinta Canyon leads to one of the trail heads for King's Peak, which is Utah's highest summit. Information of the search effort was scarce throughout the operation because cell coverage is non-existent and radio traffic is hit and miss in the area.
Along with the two teens, search and rescue workers also found a missing father and son who were reported missing Saturday morning, according to Crane.
Summit County found a missing hiker from Colorado in the King's Peak area earlier in the week.
The King's Peak trail heads are accessible from Wyoming and in Duchesne and Summit counties in Utah, which puts a lot of people in remote areas where it is The scouts were not a part of the High Uintas Scout Camp.
- 2 deadly Utah County shootings spark...
- Women innovators leading by example
- Testimony focuses on relationship between...
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- Hiker pulled from Bell Canyon after fall
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Who should pay? City, developer, residents at...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 38
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- 2 deadly Utah County shootings spark... 18
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 16
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 14
- Jury convicts San Juan County... 13
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake... 10
- Who should pay? City, developer,... 10