Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Want to learn what games kids plays in the early days of Utah?
The Days of ’47 Inc. is holding a new event allowing Utahns to experience pioneer life of the 1850s during a Frontier Camp on the east plaza of the EnergySolutions Arena.
The camp is being held for five days, July 19-20, and 22-24. The Frontier Camp, presented by Gardner Company, is an interactive experience to stimulate the senses of sight, sound and smell and don’t forget taste.
Gov. Gary Herbert will join the “Celebrate Utah” festivities at Frontier Camp on Saturday at 2 p.m. for an official ribbon-cutting to open the festivities outdoors, as well as indoors for the remaining four days of competition at The Days of ’47 Rodeo.
- Celebrate summer fun with a photographic look...
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- Southern Utah infant dies after being left in...
- Proposal: Real Salt Lake would pay for minor...
- Review board clears Salt Lake police officer...
- Police say son beat 70-year-old father to death
- Utah mother of 8 in running for...
- Uintah County man accused of assaulting...
- 67 unaccompanied children who crossed... 78
- Republican, Democratic political... 49
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort 44
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding'... 33
- Pro-Palestinian crowd rallies in Salt... 33
- Lawsuit claims State School Board... 29
- Review board clears Salt Lake police... 29
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 26