Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Want to learn what games kids plays in the early days of Utah?
The Days of ’47 Inc. is holding a new event allowing Utahns to experience pioneer life of the 1850s during a Frontier Camp on the east plaza of the EnergySolutions Arena.
The camp is being held for five days, July 19-20, and 22-24. The Frontier Camp, presented by Gardner Company, is an interactive experience to stimulate the senses of sight, sound and smell and don’t forget taste.
Gov. Gary Herbert will join the “Celebrate Utah” festivities at Frontier Camp on Saturday at 2 p.m. for an official ribbon-cutting to open the festivities outdoors, as well as indoors for the remaining four days of competition at The Days of ’47 Rodeo.
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy don't...
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support to...
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- 3 'scary' medical problems for kids
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 109
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 97
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 61
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support... 43
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 31
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 19
- Owens participates in Rotary Club... 17