Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Want to learn what games kids plays in the early days of Utah?
The Days of ’47 Inc. is holding a new event allowing Utahns to experience pioneer life of the 1850s during a Frontier Camp on the east plaza of the EnergySolutions Arena.
The camp is being held for five days, July 19-20, and 22-24. The Frontier Camp, presented by Gardner Company, is an interactive experience to stimulate the senses of sight, sound and smell and don’t forget taste.
Gov. Gary Herbert will join the “Celebrate Utah” festivities at Frontier Camp on Saturday at 2 p.m. for an official ribbon-cutting to open the festivities outdoors, as well as indoors for the remaining four days of competition at The Days of ’47 Rodeo.
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to rally...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 158
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 75
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 48
- Police release names of officers... 35
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 33
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 17