Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Want to learn what games kids plays in the early days of Utah?
The Days of ’47 Inc. is holding a new event allowing Utahns to experience pioneer life of the 1850s during a Frontier Camp on the east plaza of the EnergySolutions Arena.
The camp is being held for five days, July 19-20, and 22-24. The Frontier Camp, presented by Gardner Company, is an interactive experience to stimulate the senses of sight, sound and smell and don’t forget taste.
Gov. Gary Herbert will join the “Celebrate Utah” festivities at Frontier Camp on Saturday at 2 p.m. for an official ribbon-cutting to open the festivities outdoors, as well as indoors for the remaining four days of competition at The Days of ’47 Rodeo.
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- Fallen hiker had passion for the outdoors,...
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- Provo company creates program that filters...
- West Jordan, Murray residents search for...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 56
- Vernal man claims police arrested him... 37
- Utah argues for more time to file... 33
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 27
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- End of an era: Huntsville bookshop... 22
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an... 22