Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Want to learn what games kids plays in the early days of Utah?
The Days of ’47 Inc. is holding a new event allowing Utahns to experience pioneer life of the 1850s during a Frontier Camp on the east plaza of the EnergySolutions Arena.
The camp is being held for five days, July 19-20, and 22-24. The Frontier Camp, presented by Gardner Company, is an interactive experience to stimulate the senses of sight, sound and smell and don’t forget taste.
Gov. Gary Herbert will join the “Celebrate Utah” festivities at Frontier Camp on Saturday at 2 p.m. for an official ribbon-cutting to open the festivities outdoors, as well as indoors for the remaining four days of competition at The Days of ’47 Rodeo.
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- Photo gallery: Deseret News Classic 5K
- Ogden man dies following U.S. 89 motorcycle...
- First-timers and veterans among thousands to...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 67
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 30
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 18