Juab County Sheriff's Office
NEBO, Juab County — Officials have identified the 59-year-old man killed in a rollover accident on Nebo Loop Road Thursday afternoon.
Michael V. Wilkins of Orem was riding in the 2004 Honda CR-V being driven by his son when it went off of the road near Red Creek Flats, Juab County Sheriff Alden Orme said. Around 2 p.m., the 16-year-old lost control of the vehicle and it rolled, causing fatal injuries to Wilkins.
The teenager was transported to Central Valley Medical Center in serious condition for treatment but was released Friday morning.
Orme said speed was not a factor in the crash, but that the terrain is steep and involves a number of switchbacks.
Both Wilkins and his son were wearing seat belts at the time, the sheriff said.
- Episcopal bishops seek end to 'unholy...
- About Utah: They got exactly what they wished...
- Top 10 best road trip spots (and photo...
- Mill Creek restoration project to offer new...
- Support for law requiring sales tax for...
- Ex-Attorney General Mark Shurtleff pleads not...
- USU athletes involved in accident improving,...
- 15 moments many Utahns will never forget
- Utahns have mixed reactions to Supreme... 57
- Experts: Decision raises religious... 50
- Episcopal bishops seek end to 'unholy... 35
- Utah's same-sex marriage supporters... 28
- Father, son used LDS Church membership... 25
- Support for law requiring sales tax for... 22
- 'No more red herrings' for Medicaid... 18
- Teenage girl bullied relentlessly gets... 14