Juab County Sheriff's Office
NEBO, Juab County — Officials have identified the 59-year-old man killed in a rollover accident on Nebo Loop Road Thursday afternoon.
Michael V. Wilkins of Orem was riding in the 2004 Honda CR-V being driven by his son when it went off of the road near Red Creek Flats, Juab County Sheriff Alden Orme said. Around 2 p.m., the 16-year-old lost control of the vehicle and it rolled, causing fatal injuries to Wilkins.
The teenager was transported to Central Valley Medical Center in serious condition for treatment but was released Friday morning.
Orme said speed was not a factor in the crash, but that the terrain is steep and involves a number of switchbacks.
Both Wilkins and his son were wearing seat belts at the time, the sheriff said.
- Utah bachelor lets sister set him up on 31...
- $1M in heroin found in 'complex' hidden...
- BYU student health plan exemption expires
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage license...
- Woman accused of stabbing girlfriend 46 times...
- FBI investigating fatal crash on Ute reservation
- Mia Love paying back money spent on...
- SAGE scores, 2015: Top Utah schools in...
- BYU student health plan exemption expires 53
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage... 49
- Popular Provo teacher imprisoned for... 47
- Family of man killed by Spanish Fork... 34
- Mia Love paying back money spent on... 29
- Does coal have a future in Utah? Should... 27
- Students see 'great growth' in second... 18
- About Utah: He walked around the lake... 15