Juab County Sheriff's Office
NEBO, Juab County — Officials have identified the 59-year-old man killed in a rollover accident on Nebo Loop Road Thursday afternoon.
Michael V. Wilkins of Orem was riding in the 2004 Honda CR-V being driven by his son when it went off of the road near Red Creek Flats, Juab County Sheriff Alden Orme said. Around 2 p.m., the 16-year-old lost control of the vehicle and it rolled, causing fatal injuries to Wilkins.
The teenager was transported to Central Valley Medical Center in serious condition for treatment but was released Friday morning.
Orme said speed was not a factor in the crash, but that the terrain is steep and involves a number of switchbacks.
Both Wilkins and his son were wearing seat belts at the time, the sheriff said.
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- Graphic video shows 7 shots fired without...
- Husband says he didn't know about wife's...
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on continued...
- Utah cyclist dies Sunday at the age of 23
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases on...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 98
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove... 74
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 37
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24
- Moab's dilemma: Can recreation coexist... 23
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 14
- Southern Utah left wanting for water 11