Juab County Sheriff's Office
NEBO, Juab County — Officials have identified the 59-year-old man killed in a rollover accident on Nebo Loop Road Thursday afternoon.
Michael V. Wilkins of Orem was riding in the 2004 Honda CR-V being driven by his son when it went off of the road near Red Creek Flats, Juab County Sheriff Alden Orme said. Around 2 p.m., the 16-year-old lost control of the vehicle and it rolled, causing fatal injuries to Wilkins.
The teenager was transported to Central Valley Medical Center in serious condition for treatment but was released Friday morning.
Orme said speed was not a factor in the crash, but that the terrain is steep and involves a number of switchbacks.
Both Wilkins and his son were wearing seat belts at the time, the sheriff said.
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay...
- Wanted Layton man dies in New Mexico plane crash
- Duct tape prom attire earns Utah teens $5,000...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Payson woman found dead in duffel bag near...
- Salt Lake City mayor's spokesman placed on...
- Doug Robinson: Weber State track coach isn't...
- Teens arrested, rancher cleared after...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 303
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 142
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting... 109
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of... 77
- Most Utahns oppose Supreme Court ruling... 68
- Lee takes on new strategy in fight... 46
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt... 46
- Is report on building prison in Draper... 36