Juab County Sheriff's Office
NEBO, Juab County — Officials have identified the 59-year-old man killed in a rollover accident on Nebo Loop Road Thursday afternoon.
Michael V. Wilkins of Orem was riding in the 2004 Honda CR-V being driven by his son when it went off of the road near Red Creek Flats, Juab County Sheriff Alden Orme said. Around 2 p.m., the 16-year-old lost control of the vehicle and it rolled, causing fatal injuries to Wilkins.
The teenager was transported to Central Valley Medical Center in serious condition for treatment but was released Friday morning.
Orme said speed was not a factor in the crash, but that the terrain is steep and involves a number of switchbacks.
Both Wilkins and his son were wearing seat belts at the time, the sheriff said.
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Video of school bus driver shows 'bizarre'...
- Settlement in dog shooting case reached, then...
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax
- Republican, Democratic political... 35
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 20
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 18
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 17
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12