Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The University of Utah’s Lifelong Learning program will accept applications for one person to complete 10 courses for free this fall in exchange for writing about his or her experience.
With more than 120 classes available, the selected individual has an opportunity to develop new skills and expand current skills. Evening and weekend classes include offerings in art, photography, business, dance, home and garden, language, writing and more. Some classes last one day and others meet once a week for up to six weeks.
“Lifelong Learning provides a huge variety of classes that are engaging, unique and fun,” said Mandy Self, director of Lifelong Learning at the U. “We are looking for a participant who wants to expand their horizons, take a wide variety of classes and meet new people at the same time.”
After the completion of each class, the participant will write a short review about his or her experience to be posted on Lifelong Learning’s blog.
The deadline for submissions is Sept. 3, and the winner will be announced Sept. 6. Preference will be given to those interested in multiple subjects and who have some experience with WordPress, for which Lifelong Learning also offers a class.
To apply and to see a full listing of fall classes, visit continue.utah.edu/lifelong/challenge.
- Utah man accused of rape is no stranger to...
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- 22 songs Utahns love singing in the car
- Ed and Elizabeth Smart make plea for help in...
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy immune system
- Former Romney finance chairman courting a...
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and who is he?
- Former wrestlers charged, assistant coach...
- Poll: LDS Church influence over... 60
- Utah GOP leaders going forward with new... 59
- Josh Romney: I won't run against Sen.... 56
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 36
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 20
- Former Davis High teacher admits to... 19
- Tickets sell out for 'Book of Mormon'... 16
- Gov. Gary Herbert resisting Utah GOP... 14