Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The University of Utah’s Lifelong Learning program will accept applications for one person to complete 10 courses for free this fall in exchange for writing about his or her experience.
With more than 120 classes available, the selected individual has an opportunity to develop new skills and expand current skills. Evening and weekend classes include offerings in art, photography, business, dance, home and garden, language, writing and more. Some classes last one day and others meet once a week for up to six weeks.
“Lifelong Learning provides a huge variety of classes that are engaging, unique and fun,” said Mandy Self, director of Lifelong Learning at the U. “We are looking for a participant who wants to expand their horizons, take a wide variety of classes and meet new people at the same time.”
After the completion of each class, the participant will write a short review about his or her experience to be posted on Lifelong Learning’s blog.
The deadline for submissions is Sept. 3, and the winner will be announced Sept. 6. Preference will be given to those interested in multiple subjects and who have some experience with WordPress, for which Lifelong Learning also offers a class.
To apply and to see a full listing of fall classes, visit continue.utah.edu/lifelong/challenge.
- One year later: Slow movement on slide repairs
- Prison inmates start hunger strike, demand...
- Stolen Dodge Charger no match for Hurricane...
- Salt Lake County cities, school districts...
- Teen girl killed in Millard County crash
- What went right: How one Orem family turned...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Recreation, crowds and challenges: What's...
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt... 48
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay... 37
- Prison inmates start hunger strike,... 33
- Salt Lake County cities, school... 16
- Teens arrested, rancher cleared after... 12
- Salt Lake police looking for horses,... 10
- Survey: Utah residents want crops, not... 10
- National report shows high overall... 9