Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The University of Utah’s Lifelong Learning program will accept applications for one person to complete 10 courses for free this fall in exchange for writing about his or her experience.
With more than 120 classes available, the selected individual has an opportunity to develop new skills and expand current skills. Evening and weekend classes include offerings in art, photography, business, dance, home and garden, language, writing and more. Some classes last one day and others meet once a week for up to six weeks.
“Lifelong Learning provides a huge variety of classes that are engaging, unique and fun,” said Mandy Self, director of Lifelong Learning at the U. “We are looking for a participant who wants to expand their horizons, take a wide variety of classes and meet new people at the same time.”
After the completion of each class, the participant will write a short review about his or her experience to be posted on Lifelong Learning’s blog.
The deadline for submissions is Sept. 3, and the winner will be announced Sept. 6. Preference will be given to those interested in multiple subjects and who have some experience with WordPress, for which Lifelong Learning also offers a class.
To apply and to see a full listing of fall classes, visit continue.utah.edu/lifelong/challenge.
- Two bodies discovered near Provo's Squaw Peak
- Tabernacle Choir performs Handel's 'Messiah'...
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental shooting...
- No aftershocks from Saturday's Tooele quake
- Police make arrest in death of 59-year-old...
- Family 'shocked' over Taylorsville woman's death
- Film about man's crusade against child sex...
- Utah's new adaptive testing system draws...
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 90
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 79
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 28
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed;... 24
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch 24
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental... 18
- Salt Lake City's inversion problem... 13