Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The University of Utah’s Lifelong Learning program will accept applications for one person to complete 10 courses for free this fall in exchange for writing about his or her experience.
With more than 120 classes available, the selected individual has an opportunity to develop new skills and expand current skills. Evening and weekend classes include offerings in art, photography, business, dance, home and garden, language, writing and more. Some classes last one day and others meet once a week for up to six weeks.
“Lifelong Learning provides a huge variety of classes that are engaging, unique and fun,” said Mandy Self, director of Lifelong Learning at the U. “We are looking for a participant who wants to expand their horizons, take a wide variety of classes and meet new people at the same time.”
After the completion of each class, the participant will write a short review about his or her experience to be posted on Lifelong Learning’s blog.
The deadline for submissions is Sept. 3, and the winner will be announced Sept. 6. Preference will be given to those interested in multiple subjects and who have some experience with WordPress, for which Lifelong Learning also offers a class.
To apply and to see a full listing of fall classes, visit continue.utah.edu/lifelong/challenge.
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested for...
- Candlelight vigil held for critically injured...
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- Former Ute, NFL player brings holiday cheer...
- Two arrested in SLC homicide investigation
- Driver allegedly causes accident on I-15,...
- Four being questioned in attempted murder of...
- A year later, a look at the Utah... 94
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 36
- Anti-police protests tie up traffic on... 33
- Couples celebrate one-year anniversary... 20
- What does a letter grade mean for my... 19
- Utah lawmakers recommend lowest-cost... 16
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary... 13
- Regulators, groups eye EPA rule on coal... 11