Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The University of Utah’s Lifelong Learning program will accept applications for one person to complete 10 courses for free this fall in exchange for writing about his or her experience.
With more than 120 classes available, the selected individual has an opportunity to develop new skills and expand current skills. Evening and weekend classes include offerings in art, photography, business, dance, home and garden, language, writing and more. Some classes last one day and others meet once a week for up to six weeks.
“Lifelong Learning provides a huge variety of classes that are engaging, unique and fun,” said Mandy Self, director of Lifelong Learning at the U. “We are looking for a participant who wants to expand their horizons, take a wide variety of classes and meet new people at the same time.”
After the completion of each class, the participant will write a short review about his or her experience to be posted on Lifelong Learning’s blog.
The deadline for submissions is Sept. 3, and the winner will be announced Sept. 6. Preference will be given to those interested in multiple subjects and who have some experience with WordPress, for which Lifelong Learning also offers a class.
To apply and to see a full listing of fall classes, visit continue.utah.edu/lifelong/challenge.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Pleasant View fire contained Saturday;...
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 20
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 18
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 14