Ryan Mosley, Associated Press
SALT LAKE CITY — The state Division of Wildlife Resources has proposed changes to fishing licenses.
Right now, an angler who turns 14 must buy the same license adults buy. The DWR is proposing a separate license for young anglers. Instead of buying a license for $26, anglers between 14 and 17 years old could buy a 365-day license for $16.
The DWR is also recommending an increase in the cost of a 365-day fishing license for those 18 to 65 years old. If approved, a fishing license for those 18 to 65 years of age would increase from $26 to $34. A combination license, which allows the holder to fish and hunt, would increase from $30 to $38.
A combination license for those 14 to 17 years of age would also be available for $20.
The DWR is also proposing that anglers not be required to buy a separate two-pole permit if they want to fish with two fishing poles. Anyone with a Utah fishing license could fish with two poles at no extra cost. If approved, the license fee increase would be the first fishing license fee increase in Utah since 2003.
The agency said young anglers would save some money if changes were made.
Regional Advisory Council chairs will share the input they receive at the meetings with members of the Utah Wildlife Board when the board meets Aug. 22 in Salt Lake City.
- Lehi toddler killed in accident remembered as...
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- A river runs dry: Water and the future of...
- Cyclist killed on training run after...
- Photo gallery: Holi festival immerses Utahns...
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more in wake...
- American Fork cyclist killed during training...
- Boy, 3, killed in Lehi scooter accident
- President Obama to make first trip to... 100
- BYU student claims he was evicted after... 57
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more... 40
- Sen. Harry Reid's retirement recalls... 39
- Tea party movement still strong,... 23
- Cyclist killed on training run after... 23
- A river runs dry: Water and the future... 15
- Court battle settled over Susan Powell... 11