Ryan Mosley, Associated Press
SALT LAKE CITY — The state Division of Wildlife Resources has proposed changes to fishing licenses.
Right now, an angler who turns 14 must buy the same license adults buy. The DWR is proposing a separate license for young anglers. Instead of buying a license for $26, anglers between 14 and 17 years old could buy a 365-day license for $16.
The DWR is also recommending an increase in the cost of a 365-day fishing license for those 18 to 65 years old. If approved, a fishing license for those 18 to 65 years of age would increase from $26 to $34. A combination license, which allows the holder to fish and hunt, would increase from $30 to $38.
A combination license for those 14 to 17 years of age would also be available for $20.
The DWR is also proposing that anglers not be required to buy a separate two-pole permit if they want to fish with two fishing poles. Anyone with a Utah fishing license could fish with two poles at no extra cost. If approved, the license fee increase would be the first fishing license fee increase in Utah since 2003.
The agency said young anglers would save some money if changes were made.
Regional Advisory Council chairs will share the input they receive at the meetings with members of the Utah Wildlife Board when the board meets Aug. 22 in Salt Lake City.
- Lehi airman pulls off 'Operation Surprise'...
- Judge: Biological father will share custody...
- The story of a fish, a river and what's ahead...
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going digital a...
- Senate committee snuffs out e-cigarettes...
- Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit offers chance to...
- House, Senate still struggling over budget
- Advocates rally and 'roar' for... 55
- National, local businesses file briefs... 52
- Family of BYU student hit by car say... 40
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 32
- Attempt to raise minimum wage in Utah... 31
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 31
- Prison relocation resolution passes House 18
- Judge: Biological father will share... 16