Ryan Mosley, Associated Press
SALT LAKE CITY — The state Division of Wildlife Resources has proposed changes to fishing licenses.
Right now, an angler who turns 14 must buy the same license adults buy. The DWR is proposing a separate license for young anglers. Instead of buying a license for $26, anglers between 14 and 17 years old could buy a 365-day license for $16.
The DWR is also recommending an increase in the cost of a 365-day fishing license for those 18 to 65 years old. If approved, a fishing license for those 18 to 65 years of age would increase from $26 to $34. A combination license, which allows the holder to fish and hunt, would increase from $30 to $38.
A combination license for those 14 to 17 years of age would also be available for $20.
The DWR is also proposing that anglers not be required to buy a separate two-pole permit if they want to fish with two fishing poles. Anyone with a Utah fishing license could fish with two poles at no extra cost. If approved, the license fee increase would be the first fishing license fee increase in Utah since 2003.
The agency said young anglers would save some money if changes were made.
Regional Advisory Council chairs will share the input they receive at the meetings with members of the Utah Wildlife Board when the board meets Aug. 22 in Salt Lake City.
- Victim of Washington Terrace homicide...
- Deedee Corradini, Salt Lake's first and only...
- Tom Welch: Replace the prison with the NFL
- K2 The Church's grand opening a neighborhood...
- UDOT announces road project schedule for 2015
- Prison Relocation Commission ready to dial...
- Can you name your U.S. Representative? See...
- Doug Robinson: A Boy Scout for 75 years ......
- Gov. Herbert increases pressure on... 52
- Illinois professor could help Utah... 43
- House Speaker Greg Hughes kills hopes... 34
- Prison Relocation Commission ready to... 24
- Lawmakers consider academic turnaround... 17
- With Healthy Utah stalled, lives still... 17
- Some GOP House members disagree with... 17
- Hope in a crisis: School, community... 16