Why do so some students who go away to college give up on faith? That’s the question Eric Metaxas at Christian Post Contributor tries to answer in a recent article, “Learning from young atheists: What turned them off Christianity.”
According to Metaxas, church leaders may be trying to entertain youth rather than teach them church doctrines and principles: “Much of what passes for youth ministry these days is driven by a morbid fear of boring our young charges. As a result, a lot of time is spent trying to devise ways to entertain them. The rest of the time is spent worrying about whether the Christian message will turn kids off. But young people, like the not-so-young, respect people with conviction-provided they know what they're talking about.”
- Most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum wage
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before...
- John Hoffmire: Fighting increasing health...
- The most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- In our opinion: Aging without a family
- Doug Robinson: The era of 'I'm sorry'
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: What's to be...