Screenshot via eBay.
Schindler's List, the document created by German Oskar Schindler to save the lives of over 1,000 Jews during World War II, can now be purchased on eBay, according to Emily Smith at the New York Post
Smith writes that the list is being auctioned for $3,000,000 by California collectors Eric Gazin and Gary Zimet who own the only copy of the list that ever hit the free market.
“We decided to sell the list on eBay because it has over 100 million worldwide members, and this is a global story,” Gazin told the Post. “There are billionaires using the site, wealthy celebrities. We like the platform."
"Of the seven original versions of the list, only four are known to still exist including two in Yad Vashem, the Israeli Holocaust Memorial Museum, and one in the US Holocaust Museum in Washington," notes Smith.
The list is 14 pages long and can be purchased here.
"Don't miss your chance to own a piece of history that has inspired many on the difference one person can make in the face of great danger," reads the description on the bidding page.“It is extremely rare that a document of this historical significance is put on the market,” Zimet told the Post. "Many of the survivors on this list and their descendants moved to the United States, and there are names on this list which will sound very familiar to New Yorkers.”
Editor's Note: The original version of this story posted on July 19, 2013, failed to properly attribute all source materials, which violates our editorial policies. The story was revised on Oct. 8, 2013, to attribute original source material.
- For the first time in American history,...
- A New York Times article said Michael Brown...
- Amish country bristles at ‘Mafia’...
- You'll never believe where your bottled water...
- Why the poverty cycle is harder to break than...
- Doug Robinson: When did Missouri turn into...
- Ebola has 'upper hand,' says US official
- Napa earthquake hastens calls for warning system
- For the first time in American history,... 27
- Obama faces tough options in Iraq and... 23
- Obama administration announces new... 19
- Doug Robinson: When did Missouri turn... 18
- Rev. Al Sharpton plays prominent role... 15
- Huckabee: 'Stop the fight' over Common... 14
- Obama back at White House after summer... 14
- Mourners gather in St. Louis for Brown... 13