Rescuers search Kings Peak for missing Colorado man
KINGS PEAK, Summit County — Reports of a missing Colorado man last seen hiking Kings Peak sent search and rescue teams are scouring the mountain Thursday.
They located the man in good condition that evening.
Pierre Pond of Palmer Lake, Colo., had last been seen four days earlier. He was seen early Sunday morning with another man at the Henry's Fork Trailhead, according to a press release. The two were in a silver and blue 1989 Ford Ranger with a white shell on the bed.
Crews began searching the mountain, and police put out a plea to any hikers or campers who may have seen Pond throughout the week.
Summit County Sheriff Dave Edmunds reported about 8:30 p.m. that Pond had been located in good condition near Kings Peak.
— McKenzie Romero
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- YouTube star Stuart Edge hopes to inspire...
- Co-workers help Syracuse mother conquer daily...
- South Carolina woman dies on Sundance zip line
- Police: Man shot, injured by officer in Ogden
- Utah bus drivers put safety to the test
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 27
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 26
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 16
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12