Rescuers search Kings Peak for missing Colorado man
KINGS PEAK, Summit County — Reports of a missing Colorado man last seen hiking Kings Peak sent search and rescue teams are scouring the mountain Thursday.
They located the man in good condition that evening.
Pierre Pond of Palmer Lake, Colo., had last been seen four days earlier. He was seen early Sunday morning with another man at the Henry's Fork Trailhead, according to a press release. The two were in a silver and blue 1989 Ford Ranger with a white shell on the bed.
Crews began searching the mountain, and police put out a plea to any hikers or campers who may have seen Pond throughout the week.
Summit County Sheriff Dave Edmunds reported about 8:30 p.m. that Pond had been located in good condition near Kings Peak.
— McKenzie Romero
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- 7 habits of mentally strong people
- 'Catastrophic' arson fire destroys 10 Tooele...
- West Valley man killed in motorcycle crash...
- Applications being taken for justice court...
- UDOT resurfacing 12300 South in Draper
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14