Rescuers search Kings Peak for missing Colorado man
KINGS PEAK, Summit County — Reports of a missing Colorado man last seen hiking Kings Peak sent search and rescue teams are scouring the mountain Thursday.
They located the man in good condition that evening.
Pierre Pond of Palmer Lake, Colo., had last been seen four days earlier. He was seen early Sunday morning with another man at the Henry's Fork Trailhead, according to a press release. The two were in a silver and blue 1989 Ford Ranger with a white shell on the bed.
Crews began searching the mountain, and police put out a plea to any hikers or campers who may have seen Pond throughout the week.
Summit County Sheriff Dave Edmunds reported about 8:30 p.m. that Pond had been located in good condition near Kings Peak.
— McKenzie Romero
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- West Nile activity discovered in three Utah...
- Community rallies for Kamas family after...
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 80
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 29
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 18
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 15
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 13