Rescuers search Kings Peak for missing Colorado man
KINGS PEAK, Summit County — Reports of a missing Colorado man last seen hiking Kings Peak sent search and rescue teams are scouring the mountain Thursday.
They located the man in good condition that evening.
Pierre Pond of Palmer Lake, Colo., had last been seen four days earlier. He was seen early Sunday morning with another man at the Henry's Fork Trailhead, according to a press release. The two were in a silver and blue 1989 Ford Ranger with a white shell on the bed.
Crews began searching the mountain, and police put out a plea to any hikers or campers who may have seen Pond throughout the week.
Summit County Sheriff Dave Edmunds reported about 8:30 p.m. that Pond had been located in good condition near Kings Peak.
— McKenzie Romero
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- Stranger donates vehicle to Bountiful...
- Odyssey Elementary opens doors for...
- Family seeks change as poisoned tea...
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 58
- Utah argues for more time to file... 37
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 32
- Government regulation has become like... 31
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic... 24
- End of an era: Huntsville bookshop... 22
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22