Teen hospitalized, father killed in Juab County crash
Juab County Sheriff's Office
NEBO, Juab County — A 16-year-old boy was hospitalized and his 59-year-old father is dead after their car went off a switchback Thursday.
Juab County Sheriff's Lt. Brent Pulver said the teen was driving along the Nebo Loop Road when the vehicle went off the road near the Red Creek Flats area just after 2 p.m. Investigators are working to determine why the car went off the road.
The father and son are from Utah County, he said. Their names were not released pending family notification.
The car rolled down an embankment and landed on the switchback below, Pulver said. The father was pronounced dead at the scene and the son was transported in serious condition by ambulance to Central Valley Hospital in Nephi.
Pulver said the teen was conscious and talking when he was taken from the scene.
— McKenzie Romero
- Parents say daughter didn't understand her...
- Utah mother who left 11-month-old in hot car...
- Attorney general deciding whether to appeal...
- Newborn found in trash can brings call for help
- Trial ordered for Cameo Crispi, accused of...
- Donations to North Salt Lake family displaced...
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death of 2...
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh Hewitt...
- Back (home) to school: Thousands of... 53
- New poll shows many Utahns oppose and... 49
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay... 42
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death... 35
- Newborn found in trash can brings call... 34
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate... 30
- Audit reveals major concerns about UTA... 26
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh... 24