Teen hospitalized, father killed in Juab County crash
Juab County Sheriff's Office
NEBO, Juab County — A 16-year-old boy was hospitalized and his 59-year-old father is dead after their car went off a switchback Thursday.
Juab County Sheriff's Lt. Brent Pulver said the teen was driving along the Nebo Loop Road when the vehicle went off the road near the Red Creek Flats area just after 2 p.m. Investigators are working to determine why the car went off the road.
The father and son are from Utah County, he said. Their names were not released pending family notification.
The car rolled down an embankment and landed on the switchback below, Pulver said. The father was pronounced dead at the scene and the son was transported in serious condition by ambulance to Central Valley Hospital in Nephi.
Pulver said the teen was conscious and talking when he was taken from the scene.
— McKenzie Romero
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Roy home destroyed in fire
- Man shot by roommate in Holladay, police say
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 12
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8
- Brother, sister hugged each other as... 8
- Prosecutors say Jeremy Johnson should... 7
- Audit of embattled S.L. County... 7