Teen hospitalized, father killed in Juab County crash
Juab County Sheriff's Office
NEBO, Juab County — A 16-year-old boy was hospitalized and his 59-year-old father is dead after their car went off a switchback Thursday.
Juab County Sheriff's Lt. Brent Pulver said the teen was driving along the Nebo Loop Road when the vehicle went off the road near the Red Creek Flats area just after 2 p.m. Investigators are working to determine why the car went off the road.
The father and son are from Utah County, he said. Their names were not released pending family notification.
The car rolled down an embankment and landed on the switchback below, Pulver said. The father was pronounced dead at the scene and the son was transported in serious condition by ambulance to Central Valley Hospital in Nephi.
Pulver said the teen was conscious and talking when he was taken from the scene.
— McKenzie Romero
- Dispatchers answer man's repeated 911 calls...
- Carbon County deputy saves father, son from...
- Grading Utah schools, 2014: Top 20 highest...
- Woman killed in Sandy shooting
- Sugar House man intends to sue police, city...
- Orem construction fire believed to be arson,...
- Gov. Herbert nominates 3rd District Judge...
- Visiting minister urges unity among Christians
- Majority of Utahns oppose moving state... 51
- Prison relocation sites down to four as... 50
- Obama signature all that's left in... 39
- End gun violence, say faith leaders on... 33
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 33
- Popular Utah County water recreation... 21
- Audit: Utah still relies heavily on... 16
- Utahns favor Count My Vote and SB54,... 15