Teen hospitalized, father killed in Juab County crash
Juab County Sheriff's Office
NEBO, Juab County — A 16-year-old boy was hospitalized and his 59-year-old father is dead after their car went off a switchback Thursday.
Juab County Sheriff's Lt. Brent Pulver said the teen was driving along the Nebo Loop Road when the vehicle went off the road near the Red Creek Flats area just after 2 p.m. Investigators are working to determine why the car went off the road.
The father and son are from Utah County, he said. Their names were not released pending family notification.
The car rolled down an embankment and landed on the switchback below, Pulver said. The father was pronounced dead at the scene and the son was transported in serious condition by ambulance to Central Valley Hospital in Nephi.
Pulver said the teen was conscious and talking when he was taken from the scene.
— McKenzie Romero
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Photo gallery: Deseret News Classic 5K
- Ogden man dies following U.S. 89 motorcycle...
- First-timers and veterans among thousands to...
- Man charged with murdering UTA worker found...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 69
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 18
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17