Teen hospitalized, father killed in Juab County crash
Juab County Sheriff's Office
NEBO, Juab County — A 16-year-old boy was hospitalized and his 59-year-old father is dead after their car went off a switchback Thursday.
Juab County Sheriff's Lt. Brent Pulver said the teen was driving along the Nebo Loop Road when the vehicle went off the road near the Red Creek Flats area just after 2 p.m. Investigators are working to determine why the car went off the road.
The father and son are from Utah County, he said. Their names were not released pending family notification.
The car rolled down an embankment and landed on the switchback below, Pulver said. The father was pronounced dead at the scene and the son was transported in serious condition by ambulance to Central Valley Hospital in Nephi.
Pulver said the teen was conscious and talking when he was taken from the scene.
— McKenzie Romero
- 3 men missing nearly 5 months were likely...
- Court battle settled over Susan Powell...
- BYU student claims he was evicted after...
- Wrong way driver killed, 1 critically injured...
- Gail Miller honored as 'Giant In Our City'
- Top 5 other playgrounds you haven't yet...
- Tea party movement still strong, Harvard...
- Utah frat, former president suspended over...
- BYU student claims he was evicted after... 35
- Meetings to resolve Medicaid expansion... 28
- Critics worry firing squad law will... 26
- Dramatic increase in Alzheimer's... 24
- Sen. Mike Lee not ready to endorse Ted... 18
- Salt Lake City to become next Google... 17
- Co-founder of Ancestry.com charged with... 14
- Herbert's signature finalizes return of... 14