Teen hospitalized, father killed in Juab County crash
Juab County Sheriff's Office
NEBO, Juab County — A 16-year-old boy was hospitalized and his 59-year-old father is dead after their car went off a switchback Thursday.
Juab County Sheriff's Lt. Brent Pulver said the teen was driving along the Nebo Loop Road when the vehicle went off the road near the Red Creek Flats area just after 2 p.m. Investigators are working to determine why the car went off the road.
The father and son are from Utah County, he said. Their names were not released pending family notification.
The car rolled down an embankment and landed on the switchback below, Pulver said. The father was pronounced dead at the scene and the son was transported in serious condition by ambulance to Central Valley Hospital in Nephi.
Pulver said the teen was conscious and talking when he was taken from the scene.
— McKenzie Romero
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- About Utah: Remembering the most brilliant...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 164
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 84
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17
- Bingham High students walk out over... 17
- Debates ready to start, third-party... 12