Teen hospitalized, father killed in Juab County crash
Juab County Sheriff's Office
NEBO, Juab County — A 16-year-old boy was hospitalized and his 59-year-old father is dead after their car went off a switchback Thursday.
Juab County Sheriff's Lt. Brent Pulver said the teen was driving along the Nebo Loop Road when the vehicle went off the road near the Red Creek Flats area just after 2 p.m. Investigators are working to determine why the car went off the road.
The father and son are from Utah County, he said. Their names were not released pending family notification.
The car rolled down an embankment and landed on the switchback below, Pulver said. The father was pronounced dead at the scene and the son was transported in serious condition by ambulance to Central Valley Hospital in Nephi.
Pulver said the teen was conscious and talking when he was taken from the scene.
— McKenzie Romero
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage license...
- Utah bachelor lets sister set him up on 31...
- $1M in heroin found in 'complex' hidden...
- Mia Love paying back money spent on...
- Woman accused of stabbing girlfriend 46 times...
- FBI investigating fatal crash on Ute reservation
- BYU student health plan exemption expires
- 10-month-old girl drowns in bathtub in Eagle...
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage... 64
- BYU student health plan exemption expires 53
- Popular Provo teacher imprisoned for... 47
- Mia Love paying back money spent on... 40
- Family of man killed by Spanish Fork... 34
- Does coal have a future in Utah? Should... 27
- Students see 'great growth' in second... 18
- About Utah: He walked around the lake... 15