Teen hospitalized, father killed in Juab County crash
Juab County Sheriff's Office
NEBO, Juab County — A 16-year-old boy was hospitalized and his 59-year-old father is dead after their car went off a switchback Thursday.
Juab County Sheriff's Lt. Brent Pulver said the teen was driving along the Nebo Loop Road when the vehicle went off the road near the Red Creek Flats area just after 2 p.m. Investigators are working to determine why the car went off the road.
The father and son are from Utah County, he said. Their names were not released pending family notification.
The car rolled down an embankment and landed on the switchback below, Pulver said. The father was pronounced dead at the scene and the son was transported in serious condition by ambulance to Central Valley Hospital in Nephi.
Pulver said the teen was conscious and talking when he was taken from the scene.
— McKenzie Romero
- EX-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in...
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Solar energy users claim victory as 'sun tax'...
- Doug Robinson: Looking back on a cop's career
- After tragedy, couple uses genetic screening...
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- EX-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in... 73
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 32
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 11
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Circleville farmers scratching their... 8
- Kennecott hopes project will change... 7