Teen hospitalized, father killed in Juab County crash
Juab County Sheriff's Office
NEBO, Juab County — A 16-year-old boy was hospitalized and his 59-year-old father is dead after their car went off a switchback Thursday.
Juab County Sheriff's Lt. Brent Pulver said the teen was driving along the Nebo Loop Road when the vehicle went off the road near the Red Creek Flats area just after 2 p.m. Investigators are working to determine why the car went off the road.
The father and son are from Utah County, he said. Their names were not released pending family notification.
The car rolled down an embankment and landed on the switchback below, Pulver said. The father was pronounced dead at the scene and the son was transported in serious condition by ambulance to Central Valley Hospital in Nephi.
Pulver said the teen was conscious and talking when he was taken from the scene.
— McKenzie Romero
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Community rallies for Kamas family after...
- West Nile activity discovered in three Utah...
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Herbert among 6 governors raising concerns...
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 80
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 37
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 18
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 15
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Union Pacific train makes special... 14
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 13