Laura Seitz, Deseret News
SANDY — More than 10 volunteers from The Home Depot transformed the home of Sally Kenworthy, the widow of an Air Force veteran. Her husband, William Kenworthy, died in December.
Volunteers completed a garden landscaping makeover by repairing her fence, building a retainer wall, planting bushes and a tree and spreading decorative rock.
Home Depot employee Jodie Peck lives next door to Sally and helped facilitate the project.
- UDOT announces road project schedule for 2015
- Prison Relocation Commission ready to dial...
- Can you name your U.S. Representative? See...
- Eagle Mountain man killed in alleged domestic...
- Educators call for funding, legislation to...
- Hope in a crisis: School, community leaders...
- Doug Robinson: Managing a delicate balance
- Washington Terrace woman found dead, 2 in...
- Officer in parade controversy speaks... 267
- Gov. Herbert increases pressure on... 52
- Illinois professor could help Utah... 43
- House Speaker Greg Hughes kills hopes... 34
- Utah Senate rejects delay to Count My... 20
- Lawmakers consider academic turnaround... 17
- Some GOP House members disagree with... 17
- Prison Relocation Commission ready to... 17