Laura Seitz, Deseret News
SANDY — More than 10 volunteers from The Home Depot transformed the home of Sally Kenworthy, the widow of an Air Force veteran. Her husband, William Kenworthy, died in December.
Volunteers completed a garden landscaping makeover by repairing her fence, building a retainer wall, planting bushes and a tree and spreading decorative rock.
Home Depot employee Jodie Peck lives next door to Sally and helped facilitate the project.
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- About 22,000 items stored as stolen property...
- Seeking social media 'likes' could cause...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 56
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17