Demolition crew destroys wrong home after receiving incorrect address (+ video)
David Underwood and his wife Valerie were returning from vacation when they decided to visit the home that has been in Underwood's family for decades. In fact, the Fort Worth, Texas, couple was renovating it so they could eventually move in.
But there was only one problem. It had been destroyed.
The Dallas Observer reports that on Monday, the Underwoods were driving down the street towards the house when Valerie Underwood noticed something. Or rather, noticed nothing.
"We rounded the corner and my wife, Valerie, says, 'The house is gone, David,' Underwood told the Observer. "I'm looking at the yard, so I looked and I'm like, 'Wow, OK.’ ”
And the reason the home was destroyed?
A demolition crew that was scheduled to knock down a house close by had been given the wrong address.
Editor's Note: The original version of this story posted on July 18, 2013, failed to properly follow our editorial policies. The story was shortened on Oct. 8, 2013, to fall within our editorial guidelines for aggregation.
- The LDS Church's call for balance between gay...
- Video: Islamic State group beheads Japanese...
- Cumberbatch, Fry, others urge UK to pardon...
- List: 10 Super Bowl ads you'll be talking about
- Former GOP nominee Romney will not run for...
- Top Catholics and evangelicals: Gay marriage...
- Government telling immigrants that cases...
- Prospective juror has sympathy for Tsarnaev,...
- Former GOP nominee Romney will not run... 79
- Top Catholics and evangelicals: Gay... 60
- Mitt Romney courts middle class, jabs... 40
- The LDS Church's call for balance... 35
- Attorney General nominee picks up... 14
- House GOP moves toward possible lawsuit... 11
- Prosecutors promise thorough probe of... 11
- Keystone XL pipeline wins Senate vote... 10