Demolition crew destroys wrong home after receiving incorrect address (+ video)
David Underwood and his wife Valerie were returning from vacation when they decided to visit the home that has been in Underwood's family for decades. In fact, the Fort Worth, Texas, couple was renovating it so they could eventually move in.
But there was only one problem. It had been destroyed.
The Dallas Observer reports that on Monday, the Underwoods were driving down the street towards the house when Valerie Underwood noticed something. Or rather, noticed nothing.
"We rounded the corner and my wife, Valerie, says, 'The house is gone, David,' Underwood told the Observer. "I'm looking at the yard, so I looked and I'm like, 'Wow, OK.’ ”
And the reason the home was destroyed?
A demolition crew that was scheduled to knock down a house close by had been given the wrong address.
Editor's Note: The original version of this story posted on July 18, 2013, failed to properly follow our editorial policies. The story was shortened on Oct. 8, 2013, to fall within our editorial guidelines for aggregation.
- Security breached: Intruder gets into White...
- 11 best—and worst—state tax systems
- 'The Voice' returns Monday with Pharrell,...
- Tense hunt in trooper ambush case hits 8 days
- Iranian youth behind 'Happy' video sentenced
- Second man arrested trying to enter White...
- Actress detained by police refuses to apologize
- After vote to stay in UK, Scots must heal divide
- Striking or spanking a child is not a... 19
- President Obama: Ebola outbreak a... 15
- School police stock up on free military... 11
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- How much America wants to be taxed 7
- Gamers use police hoax to lash out at... 6
- New Jersey loses 4th casino as Trump... 5
- Vikings place Adrian Peterson on exempt... 5