Demolition crew destroys wrong home after receiving incorrect address (+ video)
David Underwood and his wife Valerie were returning from vacation when they decided to visit the home that has been in Underwood's family for decades. In fact, the Fort Worth, Texas, couple was renovating it so they could eventually move in.
But there was only one problem. It had been destroyed.
The Dallas Observer reports that on Monday, the Underwoods were driving down the street towards the house when Valerie Underwood noticed something. Or rather, noticed nothing.
"We rounded the corner and my wife, Valerie, says, 'The house is gone, David,' Underwood told the Observer. "I'm looking at the yard, so I looked and I'm like, 'Wow, OK.’ ”
And the reason the home was destroyed?
A demolition crew that was scheduled to knock down a house close by had been given the wrong address.
Editor's Note: The original version of this story posted on July 18, 2013, failed to properly follow our editorial policies. The story was shortened on Oct. 8, 2013, to fall within our editorial guidelines for aggregation.
- Rupert Murdoch vows Fox News without Ailes is...
- Ex-KKK leader David Duke says he plans to run...
- Police give all-clear in Munich shooting; say...
- Obama rejects Trump depiction of US in crisis
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Ex-KKK leader David Duke runs for Senate: 'My...
- AP source: Clinton's choice for VP to be...
- Hillary Clinton selects running mate for...
- Sarah Silverman: Bernie-or-bust Dems... 49
- Obama rejects Trump depiction of US in... 43
- Police give all-clear in Munich... 32
- After turmoil, Sanders, Michelle Obama,... 31
- Dems' division, emails roil party on... 28
- Watch live at the Democratic National... 25
- In wake of email hack, Democratic chair... 23
- Trump taunts claims that Russia hacked... 20