Demolition crew destroys wrong home after receiving incorrect address (+ video)
David Underwood and his wife Valerie were returning from vacation when they decided to visit the home that has been in Underwood's family for decades. In fact, the Fort Worth, Texas, couple was renovating it so they could eventually move in.
But there was only one problem. It had been destroyed.
The Dallas Observer reports that on Monday, the Underwoods were driving down the street towards the house when Valerie Underwood noticed something. Or rather, noticed nothing.
"We rounded the corner and my wife, Valerie, says, 'The house is gone, David,' Underwood told the Observer. "I'm looking at the yard, so I looked and I'm like, 'Wow, OK.’ ”
And the reason the home was destroyed?
A demolition crew that was scheduled to knock down a house close by had been given the wrong address.
Editor's Note: The original version of this story posted on July 18, 2013, failed to properly follow our editorial policies. The story was shortened on Oct. 8, 2013, to fall within our editorial guidelines for aggregation.
- The Great War: 100 photos marking 100 years...
- Comic-Con's dark side: Harassment amid the...
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- Trial begins for Salt Lake attorney seeking...
- Northern California wildfire destroys 10 homes
- Ebola kills Liberian doctor, 2 Americans...
- Ground Zero cross can stay at 9/11 museum,...
- Judge rules against Donald Sterling, OKs...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 25
- Feds cap fines for not buying health... 22
- Obama maintains busy fundraising... 22
- After government topples crosses in... 17
- Ted Cruz demands answers on FAA flight... 16
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 14
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all... 14
- Varying health premium subsidy amounts... 13