Demolition crew destroys wrong home after receiving incorrect address (+ video)
David Underwood and his wife Valerie were returning from vacation when they decided to visit the home that has been in Underwood's family for decades. In fact, the Fort Worth, Texas, couple was renovating it so they could eventually move in.
But there was only one problem. It had been destroyed.
The Dallas Observer reports that on Monday, the Underwoods were driving down the street towards the house when Valerie Underwood noticed something. Or rather, noticed nothing.
"We rounded the corner and my wife, Valerie, says, 'The house is gone, David,' Underwood told the Observer. "I'm looking at the yard, so I looked and I'm like, 'Wow, OK.’ ”
And the reason the home was destroyed?
A demolition crew that was scheduled to knock down a house close by had been given the wrong address.
Editor's Note: The original version of this story posted on July 18, 2013, failed to properly follow our editorial policies. The story was shortened on Oct. 8, 2013, to fall within our editorial guidelines for aggregation.
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Boy Scouts' leader says ban on gay adults not...
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on dietary...
- Photo gallery: Atop One World Trade Center,...
- Surveillance debate produces unusual...
- David Letterman leaves late night with thanks...
- Clinton: GOP threatening small-business jobs
- Police officer, suspect critically hurt by...
- Boy Scouts' leader says ban on gay... 158
- Congressional delegation not impressing... 32
- Obama: Climate change deniers endanger... 26
- Sen. Lindsey Graham: 'I'm running' to... 18
- Obama bans some military-style... 16
- Belfast baker guilty of discrimination... 14
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 13
- FTC: Family raised $187 million for... 12