Gov. Gary Herbert recovering from skin cancer treatment
Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Gov. Gary Herbert is recovering from treatment for skin cancer, his office said Thursday.
"The procedure went as planned and the governor's prognosis is for a compete recovery," spokesman Nate McDonald said in a statement.
The procedure was described as a minor, outpatient surgical treatment that followed a diagnosis of basal cell carcinoma, the most common form of skin cancer in the United States.
Herbert recently returned from a trade mission in England and had scheduled personal time off this week.
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: DNewsPolitics
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- YouTube star Stuart Edge hopes to inspire...
- Two suffer minor injuries in gyrocopter crash...
- Intermountain Healthcare taps new CEO
- Utah man held 1,164 days in jail without a...
- Missing Millard County woman's body found...
- Utah man held 1,164 days in jail... 37
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 16
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 14
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12