Gov. Gary Herbert recovering from skin cancer treatment
Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Gov. Gary Herbert is recovering from treatment for skin cancer, his office said Thursday.
"The procedure went as planned and the governor's prognosis is for a compete recovery," spokesman Nate McDonald said in a statement.
The procedure was described as a minor, outpatient surgical treatment that followed a diagnosis of basal cell carcinoma, the most common form of skin cancer in the United States.
Herbert recently returned from a trade mission in England and had scheduled personal time off this week.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: DNewsPolitics
- Precedents — and exceptions...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- Family mourns death of father in freak TRAX...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- The truth about addiction
- LDS Church leaders continue to emphasize...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 68
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 50
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 25
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 17
- Roosevelt girl, 8, recovering from pit... 15