Gov. Gary Herbert recovering from skin cancer treatment
Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Gov. Gary Herbert is recovering from treatment for skin cancer, his office said Thursday.
"The procedure went as planned and the governor's prognosis is for a compete recovery," spokesman Nate McDonald said in a statement.
The procedure was described as a minor, outpatient surgical treatment that followed a diagnosis of basal cell carcinoma, the most common form of skin cancer in the United States.
Herbert recently returned from a trade mission in England and had scheduled personal time off this week.
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: DNewsPolitics
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- Who should pay? City, developer, residents at...
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage' behind...
- 11 signs you're a Jeep driver
- Wedding put on hold after BYU student kicked...
- Body in suitcase is not missing Provo woman,...
- Opposing sides of same-sex marriage... 125
- Outcome of same-sex marriage case hard... 54
- Stewart, Bishop launch group to take... 38
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 31
- Herbert, legislative leaders starting... 29
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 14
- Elder Richard G. Scott released from... 12