Gov. Gary Herbert recovering from skin cancer treatment
Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Gov. Gary Herbert is recovering from treatment for skin cancer, his office said Thursday.
"The procedure went as planned and the governor's prognosis is for a compete recovery," spokesman Nate McDonald said in a statement.
The procedure was described as a minor, outpatient surgical treatment that followed a diagnosis of basal cell carcinoma, the most common form of skin cancer in the United States.
Herbert recently returned from a trade mission in England and had scheduled personal time off this week.
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: DNewsPolitics
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate legal...
- Body of missing hiker found above Alta
- Documents: Former teacher says he used to...
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald Trump...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- Worthy of celebration: 99-year history of...
- Syracuse woman killed in Antelope Drive crash
- Work on Canyon Road in Spanish Fork underway
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald... 62
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 41
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 33
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate... 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rio Grande neighborhood 'more unsafe... 21