Gov. Gary Herbert recovering from skin cancer treatment
Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Gov. Gary Herbert is recovering from treatment for skin cancer, his office said Thursday.
"The procedure went as planned and the governor's prognosis is for a compete recovery," spokesman Nate McDonald said in a statement.
The procedure was described as a minor, outpatient surgical treatment that followed a diagnosis of basal cell carcinoma, the most common form of skin cancer in the United States.
Herbert recently returned from a trade mission in England and had scheduled personal time off this week.
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: DNewsPolitics
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Photo gallery: Deseret News Classic 5K
- Ogden man dies following U.S. 89 motorcycle...
- First-timers and veterans among thousands to...
- Man charged with murdering UTA worker found...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 69
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 18
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17