Rivera and wife Clara are restoring an old church in New Rochelle, N.Y. They plan to minister through the church, particularly to youths, using the building both as a place of worship and a neighborhood learning center, according to the CBS Sports article.
Mark R. Gornik of Faithandleadership.com wrote that "regardless of denominational ties — or baseball allegiance — all Christians should be interested in Rivera. He is part of a theologically rich movement that is transforming the church today."
Gornik encourages Christian readers to see Rivera play before he retires. "So if you get a chance to see Rivera pitch this summer, thank the Holy Spirit. That is, unless you are with the Angels. Or, of course, the Red Sox."
Email: email@example.com Twitter: tbtoone
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- Wright Words: Idaho woman learns to...
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'...
- Local religious leaders urge support for...
- LDS World: Receiving comfort in our afflictions
- Actress Leah Remini criticized after...
- Returned Mormon missionaries in college...
- LDS Church History Symposium presenter...
- Temple tax: European court rules LDS... 100
- Gay marriage debate is changing how... 84
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'... 56
- When Satan steals your motherhood 44
- Defending the Faith: Where is Mount Sinai? 24
- Director Darren Aronofsky’s... 20
- Local religious leaders urge support... 20
- Actress Leah Remini criticized after... 14