Louisiana quarterback recruit Donovan Isom commits to Utah
SALT LAKE CITY — The University of Utah received a commitment Wednesday from Donovan Isom, a three-star quarterback prospect, less than a month after losing a previous verbal at the same position.
Isom, who was recruited by co-offensive coordinator Brian Johnson, is 6-foot-4 and 235 pounds. At Destrehan High School in Louisiana, he threw for 1,768 yards and 16 touchdowns while adding 477 yards and eight scores on the ground.
At the time of his commitment, Isom also held offers from Miami (Fla.), Tulane, Louisiana Tech and South Alabama while scout.com listed Cincinnati, LSU, Minnesota and Southern Mississippi as other schools expressing interest.
Isom announced his intentions to join the Utes via twitter.
“I have officially made my solid verbal commitment to the University of Utah!! It’s a great day to be a Ute!!” Isom wrote.
Isom is the ninth commitment from the class of 2014 for Utah and the fifth three-star prospect. He joins Bobby Hartzog (Texas) and Raelon Singleton (Texas) as the third out-of-state verbal.
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans in...
- Utah football: Quarterback Kendal Thompson...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 107
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 32
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 22
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 21
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20