Louisiana quarterback recruit Donovan Isom commits to Utah
SALT LAKE CITY — The University of Utah received a commitment Wednesday from Donovan Isom, a three-star quarterback prospect, less than a month after losing a previous verbal at the same position.
Isom, who was recruited by co-offensive coordinator Brian Johnson, is 6-foot-4 and 235 pounds. At Destrehan High School in Louisiana, he threw for 1,768 yards and 16 touchdowns while adding 477 yards and eight scores on the ground.
At the time of his commitment, Isom also held offers from Miami (Fla.), Tulane, Louisiana Tech and South Alabama while scout.com listed Cincinnati, LSU, Minnesota and Southern Mississippi as other schools expressing interest.
Isom announced his intentions to join the Utes via twitter.
“I have officially made my solid verbal commitment to the University of Utah!! It’s a great day to be a Ute!!” Isom wrote.
Isom is the ninth commitment from the class of 2014 for Utah and the fifth three-star prospect. He joins Bobby Hartzog (Texas) and Raelon Singleton (Texas) as the third out-of-state verbal.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 22